Danny swanson - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Danny swanson

pscott

When's strachan gonna pick Danny Swanson ? He's technically the best midfielder in Scotland at the moment.. He could fit into Celtic team comfortably or any other big team for that matter.... The guys got class he's creative and productive,, sets up goals and can certainly score and finish well.. How's he being overlooked?  Brilliant at set pieces, got loads of experience and technical ability.. Strachan wake up man coz the midfield we have are pathetic and we need an attacking creative midfielder like Danny Swanson,, Swanson deserves a call up on merit alone,, and I'm a Jambo tae

11 minutes ago, pscott said:

What more can ye expect fae a sheep hamper who loves a put in the ruff. Just coz uz hate danny but bet Ud love his bank balance.. u couldn't lace the man's fitba boots ya belter 

10 minutes ago, pscott said:

I forgot uz got skelped fae the accies last nite 

8 minutes ago, pscott said:

Hey pond life can u no support a decent team lol

:lol: 

i hope that this is the start of a beautiful friendship. 

most talented player 4-6-0 had ever worked with remember.

good wee player in the SPL but we have better options, pleased for him that he is fulfilling a bit of his potential after all the personal issues he has had.  

Edited by LewisEDI

I remember a certain Paul Hartley who's career was going nowhere until Saints snapped him up. He was outstanding for us. Then Hearts signed him and look what he brought to the Scotland team in his latter years. All I'm saying is never rule someone out because they play for a club like Saints. 

There's some tall claims in the OP, but I think I'd be fine with him being in the squad tbh.
I asked myself, does he deserve a call up ahead of Barrie Mackay, and I think most would find it hard to argue against it.

If we're going to play 4231 (which lets be fair, we know we're going to) then who do we have in that central spot.

Snodgrass - was the obvious, but is unavailable
Burke - seems like the best replacement for him, so hopefully will start there.
Morrison - tends to play a lot deeper these days.. when he plays.. which isnt often this season.
Maloney - tends to get lost in the middle. Worked of the right last campaign, barely playing at the moment tho.
Charlie Adam - Wont get a call.
Tom Cairney - Wont get a call. Would be a hell of a game to throw someone their debut in.
Johnny Russell - Possibly, but struggling to get in a misfiring Derby team.
Stuart Armstrong - On the fringes at Celtic, 3 starts in the league and cup combined.

So pretty much all the regular faces are struggling for time on the pitch.. so we could do worse than having someone who happens to be in form and plays 90 minutes every week on the bench for us.

Like I said Burke to start for me, but Swanson's form could see him in the squad for me, given that no one else is kicking a football at the moment.

I'd be tempted to pick McArthur and either fletcher or Morrison in the middle, Burke on one side and snodgrass (if fit) or Anya on the other and then play two up top in fletcher and griffiths and have no treqartista, 'in the hole' player, second striker, number 10 or whatever it's being called nowadays.  Just go 442 and see what happens. When we last won at Wembley we went 343 and attacked.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

I'd be tempted to pick McArthur and either fletcher or Morrison in the middle, Burke on one side and snodgrass (if fit) or Anya on the other and then play two up top in fletcher and griffiths and have no treqartista, 'in the hole' player, second striker, number 10 or whatever it's being called nowadays.  Just go 442 and see what happens. When we last won at Wembley we went 343 and attacked.

Your like me, a player like Anya must be played out wide to get you up the park. I've lost count the number of times I've seen posts on Facebook and the like wanting him played in the middle :blink: