Broony is back! - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Broony is back!

dezmondo

1 minute ago, tjm007 said:

I honestly pray that we reach some sort of watershed if this campaign is not successful - time for a root and branch review of our game.

The whole parochial nonsense of a newspaper getting excited about a player from previous failed campaigns coming back to rescue a manager in the last chance saloon in a "must win" game which is only "must win" because we had pish results against average teams is a hell of a bad place to start but we can't go on in this way.

From top to bottom the whole set up is forth rate and seems to be devoid of serious concerted scrutiny from press and fans. We need to stop supporting mediocrity and demand better.

Agreed..

To me it seems Strachan can walk on water as far they are concerned (who ever they are)

Scotland of old would not have put up with this...

Scotland used to be bigger than one man and as far as iam concerned still are....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Brown for Scotland and was disappointed when he chucked it, but I'm not a fan of retiring from international football, so not sure how I feel about him coming back.

Probably would be in most folks starting 11 with a clean slate.

Would probably take him back if he is back permanently, but no way should this be a one game comeback!!! We need to be looking forward, so unless he's going all the way to Russia in the unlikely event we qualify, then he's finished.

20 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Marshall

Paterson

Martin

Berra

Tierney

Brown

MacArthur

Burke

Armstrong 

Griffiths

McGinn

It's Friday. McGinn to cover Tierney's forays up the park. Armstrong to burst into the box and score a goal.

Hanley will start, Chris Martin will start. Burke will probably be sent to the moon. Also Armstrong probably wont be in the squad and if McGinn starts i'll eat my hat.

It shows how desperate Scotland, and Scotland supporters, are becoming when a player whom, when you wipe away all the rubbish, is basically saying "I can't be bothered with the shitey games, but still fancy the "glamour" games" is being welcomed back with open arms...

Generally speaking imo, a good start for whomever the next Scotland Manager is, would be to make it clear to his players, using this campaign's games as an example, "Anyone whom withdraws from the Malta squad, for any reason, does not go to Wembley"..

I get there would be the odd occasion where we miss out on a player for a "big" game who withdrew for genuine reasons from a "small" game, but think it would be counterbalanced, and more, by not having chancers picking and choosing when they turn up...

Edited by Robbo `81

12 minutes ago, Robbo `81 said:

It shows how desperate Scotland, and Scotland supporters, are becoming when a player whom, when you wipe away all the rubbish, is basically saying "I can't be bothered with the shitey games, but still fancy the "glamour" games" is being welcomed back with open arms...

Generally speaking imo, a good start for whomever the next Scotland Manager is, would be to make it clear to his players, using this campaign's games as an example, "Anyone whom withdraws from the Malta squad, for any reason, does not go to Wembley"..

I get there would be the odd occasion where we miss out on a player for a "big" game who withdrew for genuine reasons from a "small" game, but think it would be counterbalanced, and more, by not having chancers picking and choosing when they turn up...

Great post we are a shambles mate sadly..

Scotland I grew up with has gone now completely imo.... 

20 minutes ago, Robbo `81 said:

100% spot on

46 minutes ago, Robbo `81 said:

:ok:

Regarding withdrawals and leaving players out, does anyone ever get the impression Strachan is more about protecting players from going back injured? He doesn't like friendlies, he's admitted that and his latest comment about the Scotland players not getting paid got me thinking. probably reading too much into it.

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Regarding withdrawals and leaving players out, does anyone ever get the impression Strachan is more about protecting players from going back injured? He doesn't like friendlies, he's admitted that and his latest comment about the Scotland players not getting paid got me thinking. probably reading too much into it.

I think you're spot on with this...

Have though for a while that someone at SFA should have taken him aside and told him he's not a Club Manager anymore and that Scotland should be his 1st and only priority...

2 hours ago, Robbo `81 said:

This is complete drivel...Snoddy got injured so Strachan sh*ts it and clutching at straws telephones old mucker Broon...I don't think Brown was the one doing the chasing...

Personally i'd like to see a random call up and star appearance at the game from past players, it would certainly make Scotland more entertaining. ..just think  " Aye we got battered by the Slovakia but hey it was great to see Craig Burley in the jersey again".

Sorry, not for me Brown coming back. I was pleased when he quit, had seemed far from good enough to me (although not alone in that regard!). Not seen anything of him for Celtic except against Gibraltar team and he looked poor in that. I'd much rather Kenny Miller made a comeback, his goal last time at Wembley was a great moment...precious few of those moments since.

I'm swithering with this one, I wasn't gutted when he retired as I like most others though he was past it.

I'd certainly start him on current form, probably alongside Fletcher as we've definitely missed some dig in midfield.

If as reported by Rodgers however, it's only for one game he can GTF.