Broony is back! - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Broony is back!

dezmondo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broony back?

Our best home player and biggest liability.

He'll not get away with his usual 'Tic tactics for Scotland just as in Europe where refs treat him like any other overly aggressive haddy and card him at every opportunity 

Show him the door before the Weegie press start calling him "Bremneresque"

6 hours ago, jamboman said:

Brown wont make a difference, we could have a team of Messi, Bale, Ronaldo but with Hanley at the back we will still let in more than we will score

Yip correct. + with golden baws Martin up front we won't score many.

5 hours ago, scotsgary2 said:

If that turns out to be true then we (Scotland) are a f**king complete joke..It will be all over the media around Europe.

Not sure that news will reach abroad or that anyone outwith Scotland will care. A heavy defeat by England would raise a few eyebrows.

29 minutes ago, Awa bile yer heid said:

Broony back?

Our best home player and biggest liability.

See above. + would prefer a Miller one of comeback if it is one.

I only saw the last 10 mins of the game against Aberdeen at the weekend, but did he play any better in the first 80 of that game??

He seemed to be having one of his games where he couldn't make any decent contact with the ball. 3 or 4 passes straight out for a throw-in, scuffed interceptions, sliced clearances Apart from when he battered that ball off the Aberdeen guy who got fouled and was on the ground I cant remember seeing anything going right for him.

Not the best of performances to announce his "return" to the Scotland team.

Thankful McArthur is playing so well recently so there's definitely one center mid that deserves to be in before him.

• 2 months later...

Ooh will he wont he will he wont he deign to play for us again ?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-agonising-over-scotland-9586036

All that is wrong with this set up - a cosy boys club for WGS's favourites - now the captain is still picking and choosing if he can be bothered playing again. After the England gubbing others should be given a chance.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

He can get ####ed!

This pantomime has gone on far too long, it should have been made clear in November, he was either in or out.

This ^^^^

It amazes me that a manager allows this to drag on...............................actually no it doesn't.

56 minutes ago, jailender said:

Going by his quotes in today's papers, it looks like he will not be back again. I felt at the time, he was going to play the England game, and then offski.

In which case he shouldn't have played the England game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I see he's unsure whether whether he's going to make himself available for the england match. 

For me he's either in or out, give him the ultimatum and lets stop about here. Why would you not want to play in the match as Scotland captain? Its do or die against our oldest and most bitter rivals but that aside NO PLAYER should ever be allowed to pick and choose when they play for Scotland.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I see he's unsure whether whether he's going to make himself available for the england match. 

For me he's either in or out, give him the ultimatum and lets stop about here. Why would you not want to play in the match as Scotland captain? Its do or die against our oldest and most bitter rivals but that aside NO PLAYER should ever be allowed to pick and choose when they play for Scotland.

I think his reaction at full time the other night showed he stills cares about playing for Scotland. I'd be surprised if he hasn't already told Strachan privately that he wants to be included

The "will he/won't he" stuff helps to sell papers though.

11 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I think his reaction at full time the other night showed he stills cares about playing for Scotland. I'd be surprised if he hasn't already told Strachan privately that he wants to be included

The "will he/won't he" stuff helps to sell papers though.

or maybe his reaction was a big GIUY to the fans who boooed.

Just playing devils advocate here and just for clarity I want Brown in the team again because he's back to what he was earlier in his career. We need him on form and we need his passion and drive, especially against the English. What he shouldn't be allowed to do is pick n choose!

Instead of giving interviews saying he's going to discuss it with Brendan Rodgers ........................ he should be saying he's looking forward to leading/playing against England.

Edited by vanderark14

What he should be allowed to do is pick n choose!

I would agree. 

Instead of giving interviews saying he's going to discuss it with Brendan Rodgers ........................ he should be saying he's looking forward to leading/playing against England.

I would say there's probably a wee bit of trolling going on from him here. Strachan is also one for winding up the media and fans. The whole squad probably know he's going to be involved and are keeping it in-house. He came back for England at Wembley, would seem strange if he didn't want a taste of a packed Hampden against them, especially now that we have a slightly improved chance of qualifying.

5 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I would agree. 

I would say there's probably a wee bit of trolling going on from him here. Strachan is also one for winding up the media and fans. The whole squad probably know he's going to be involved and are keeping it in-house. He came back for England at Wembley, would seem strange if he didn't want a taste of a packed Hampden against them, especially now that we have a slightly improved chance of qualifying.

You know I meant he shouldn't be allowed. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

You know I meant he shouldn't be allowed. 

Didn't even notice your mistake! For clarity, nobody should be allowed to pick and choose what games they play for Scotland.