Broony is back! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Broony is back!

dezmondo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's playing some of his best football just now and would be a welcome addition back in our team. we need someone in our midfield that is solid and not afraid to get stuck in.

Now can we not tempt Miller & McLeish out of retirement too? :lol:

8 minutes ago, JECK said:

Will there still be gaps in the holding midfield area - yes. Will it stop England's forwards tearing our defence apart with their pace - no. Will it make a blind jot of difference to the result - no.

Glass half empty? Good to see your optimism is building nicely.

Any optimisim I had disappeared when we drew at home to Lithuania and got beat ridiculously easy off a very poor Slovakia side. Campaign over just months after Euro 2016 ended. It's ok though, Broony's back to win a few tackles, look hard and generally get it up 'em whilst playing loose passes, questionable first touches and not holding his position in midfield.

15 minutes ago, JECK said:

Any optimisim I had disappeared when we drew at home to Lithuania and got beat ridiculously easy off a very poor Slovakia side. Campaign over just months after Euro 2016 ended. It's ok though, Broony's back to win a few tackles, look hard and generally get it up 'em whilst playing loose passes, questionable first touches and not holding his position in midfield.

Genuinely the worst post I've seen on here and I read rationale on a Danny Swanson call up.

Your homework is to watch the entire 90 minutes of our last visit to Wembley. Brown was man of the match.

Guest BlueGaz

I don't think it will change the result, but he has to be welcomed back.  The first thing we should all want before tactics and the game itself is to field the strongest possible team we can for every competitive game, and he is certainly one of the first choices in that respect.

Is this all there is at the moment?

"THE Celtic skipper retired from international football in August but he is now ready to do a U-turn and is in line to retake his place in Gordon Strachan's side at Wembley."

too little too late, needed him for the last 2 games, especially in slovakia when the midfield was pathetic, didn't put a challenge in all night.

if he comes back and we lose he will be be "retired" again, he's only coming back now celtic are out of europe and wants to play in the big match after he couldn't be bothered with the last more important two games. taking the piss if u ask me.

still want him starting at wembley though like ;-)  

38 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Fletcher has been terrible recently for club and country. I don't remember a forward pass for months. Slow and rarely gets in to positions to get stuck in. His illness looks to have taken it toll.

this, he is dreadful now, he has had a handful of good games for scotland during his international career 

Edited by LewisEDI

Darren Fletcher certainly isn't the player he was, tends to happen to most players when they get into their 30s. To describe him as "dreadful" is way way off the mark.

Scott Brown being back can only be seen as a positive, our midfield will look a lot better and we'll have more bite about us. Welcome back Broony

1 hour ago, JECK said:

I'm glad it's no just me who thinks this ??