Lithuania advice required - Lithuania v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania advice required

KennyMiller

Hello,

Going to be doing this trip after getting my first SSC point thanks to Wembley.

When to book flights?

What route to take?

Do more direct routes become available closer to the game date?

Where to stay?

Likelihood of me on 1 point getting an official away end ticket?

Easy to get in home end if I struggle?

Travel around Lithuania nice and easy?

We have played them a few times and a few of you guys will have done this trip before.

Any helps appreciated..

1 minute ago, deecie said:

Book next Tuesday.

Fly JFK-DXB then get a bus.

Perhaps.

Travelodge.

Kaunas 100% get a ticket. Vilnius 0%.

Assume so.

Yes.

And you're welcome.

hold off on the bus. Someone will likely arrange one nearer the time for all Scotland fans flying into DXB

Q 1,2 and 3 - Direct Edinburgh to Kaunas available now

Where to stay? Vilnius or Kaunas. Don't let others put you off Kaunas, it's a nice town (but I agree that Vilnius is nicer) I'll be in Jonava (free digs) or Vilnius (wife still owns an apartment there).

Likelihood of me on 1 point getting an official away end ticket? Was OK the last couple of times in Kaunas and I'm pretty certain it will be in Kaunas this time.

Easy to get in home end if I struggle? I think so.

Travel around Lithuania nice and easy? Aye

10 hours ago, Capital Saint said:

Where to stay? Vilnius or Kaunas. Don't let others put you off Kaunas, it's a nice town (but I agree that Vilnius is nicer) I'll be in Jonava (free digs) or Vilnius (wife still owns an apartment there).

Likelihood of me on 1 point getting an official away end ticket? Was OK the last couple of times in Kaunas and I'm pretty certain it will be in Kaunas this time.

What makes you certain it will be Kaunas? I thought they play their matches in Vilnius these days but I  appreciate you have local knowledge 

12 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

What makes you certain it will be Kaunas? I thought they play their matches in Vilnius these days but I  appreciate you have local knowledge 

Been a bit quiet since this .no confirmation as yet

vz24

Other Lithuanian news

S. Darius and S. Girėno stadium reconstruction - 4 million. LTL

July 2010. 26 d. 13:11:34 He read 603
photo_for_homepage_1_68856250.jpg

Lithuanian football federation can already start to implement the S. Darius and S. Girėno stadium reconstruction project in Kaunas. This was supported by Kaunas City Council. After the reconstruction of the stadium, which will cost about 4 million. LT, Kaunas again take place national soccer competitions. 

LFF representatives said that this year, UEFA approved the revised stadiums rules binding on all 53 Members of the Organisation. The rules state that the official national team competitions can only take place not less than 3 League status category having the stadium and the club-UEFA Champions League and the European League meetings - Category 4 stadiums.Kaunas S. Darius and S. Girėno stadium for the class of status of a copy of the document has not. 

In order to obtain 3 UEFA stadium category required for the reconstruction of these separate grandstands (40X18) infrastructure, which requires the UEFA licensing commission, installation;Guests and supporters tribunes reconstruction, toilet, disabled spectators Equipment sector; lighting towers, commentators jobs renovation; tribune bearing columns reinforcement. 

After the summer break on September 16th in the planned meeting of Kaunas City Council will be given to a draft decision on municipal funding for this project. According to a study carried out by the LFF and preliminary reconstruction project to invest up to 4 million. LTL. Federation ready to allocate 2.7 million. LTL for the rest of the city. 

"If we are to take place in Kaunas international soccer match against Scotland, the investment project, together with the Lithuanian Football Federation must be implemented by October this year. Cultural Heritage Protection Department promise not to hamper the reconstruction of cultural heritage object - S. Darius and S. Girėno stadium, "- said the Municipal administration of Physical culture and sports Division Albinas Grabnickas. 

ELTA reminds that on September 3rd S. Darius and S. Girėno sports center stadium Lithuanian national football team will play in the first Euro 2012 qualifier match against Scotland.

Respublika publications, Smetona g. 2, Vilnius, Tel., Fax., E-mail. Mail info@respublika.net

On 29/10/2016 at 9:34 AM, Willie Miller's tache said:

I'm not 100% certain, just pretty certain. LT Football auithority stil not confirming   

On 28 October 2016 at 10:36 PM, Capital Saint said:

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...