What would you give for a win? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What would you give for a win?

KennyMiller

On 29/10/2016 at 3:03 PM, KennyMiller said:

I'd happily lose a finger for a win at Wembley.

Speak to me 5 minutes before kick off and I'd be giving away an arm and a ball.

What would you give? / Worse thing you'd do for a victory?

Whit? 

Guest BlueGaz

We could probably give away more than enough body parts between us to make a better team than what we have at the moment.

Seriously though, I am clinging to the fact that we, from time to time have one of those special moments.  Just hoping this can be our Paris versus France, our Hampden versus France etc.  We are due one.

5 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Scotland joining the EU is not independence. However that might be what the people want. 

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Correct

Would you consider France, Germany, Spain, Ireland, Spain, Holland, Belgium et al as Independent countries ?

We would be just like them

As for the original question - nothing

It's only a game and probably a meaningless one at that down the line

5 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

We could probably give away more than enough body parts between us to make a better team than what we have at the moment.

Seriously though, I am clinging to the fact that we, from time to time have one of those special moments.  Just hoping this can be our Paris versus France, our Hampden versus France etc.  We are due one.

This

How would you feel if we won at Wembley but still bawsed up the group, finished third and England finished top?

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Goozay said:

How would you feel if we won at Wembley but still bawsed up the group, finished third and England finished top?

A simple high 4 that we gave it our best shot.

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would you consider France, Germany, Spain, Ireland, Spain, Holland, Belgium et al as Independent countries ?

We would be just like them

As for the original question - nothing

It's only a game and probably a meaningless one at that down the line

I consider them countries on their way to a European super state. Given up their currencies, given up the ability to control their own taxes  entirely and forced to pay a membership fee that hinders their own economic growth. Atleast the UK had kept the pound, Scotland would accept the Euro. For all the historic talk of being Bravehearts and a free country Scotland figures showed otherwise in recent Brexit figures. This is all off topic but the EU is a failed project and Scotland to want to get into that mess is akin to a dog going back to its vomit. Leaving one union to join another is not independent, this is just my opinion and you are entitled to disagree. 

Edited by romanticscot

15 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I consider them countries on their way to a European super state. Given up their currencies, given up the ability to control their own taxes  entirely and forced to pay a membership fee that hinders their own economic growth. Atleast the UK had kept the pound, Scotland would accept the Euro. For all the historic talk of being Bravehearts and a free country Scotland figures showed otherwise in recent Brexit figures. This is all off topic but the EU is a failed project and Scotland to want to get into that mess is akin to a dog going back to its vomit. Leaving one union to join another is not independent, this is just my opinion and you are entitled to disagree. 

1F7F4583-E00D-4B18-94BE-A6AEA1CFD434_zps

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

There is so much nonsense in that statement that i have to disagree Nigel

But yes you are entitled to believe it

I could not add this to my comment above

"Would you consider France, Germany, Spain, Ireland, Spain, Holland, Belgium et al as Independent countries ?No, because a superior authority has the legal right to impose its will on the inferior state.  

"We would be just like them" 

Scotland in the EU would be an autonomous or vassal nation rather than an independent nation.  An autonomous nation is one which does not have independent self governance. The question then is, do you want Scotland to be independent or autonomous?  I would not wish to be an autonomous nation like France, Germany, Spain, Ireland, Spain, Holland, Belgium et al, I would want the people of Scotland to govern themselves, set their own tax laws, determine their own policy for healthcare, social programs, issues of military and entirely be prosperous to the degree of its own industry, resources  and ambition of its people.