Pink to make the boys wink - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pink to make the boys wink

Ally Bongo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching our under 16s against your under 16s. Our lads are playing in white and yours are playing in blue (I still dont see how green and blue would clash). Now if you can play in blue while we are playing in white, we can't you play in blue while England are playing in white?

Just as an aside, your home strip doesn't look like a typical Scotland kit, far too much white in it.

Oh we're 3-0 up by the way B)

For my part I think the pink kit is a f%cking joke. The last away kit was bad enough but this one is embarrassing.

If we look like a bunch of big lassies, we'll play like a bunch of big lassies.

The oldest international fixture on Earth....and look at what the f%ck my country is wearing.

Forget Do a Deer, it's Dear oh dear.....

On 01/11/2016 at 5:53 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

An away team wearing their away kit in an away game. Who'd have thunk it eh

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

CRAZY

On 01/11/2016 at 10:11 PM, Malcolm said:

Scotland should wear a navy blue jersey.... Not lighti blue, not white sleeves.....  No funny tartan bits.... Dark navy blue with minimal white trim.  The away shirt should be white with minimal navy trim....  This is traditional and what i want to see our team in.

Thats nice, you write to the SFA and see how that goes

On 04/11/2016 at 9:06 PM, Andy North Croy said:

P.S.   We have a national flag of blue/white and a royal flag of red/yellow.....we have 2 flags from which to pick our kit colours. We should never deviate from them.

You dont have to pick your kit colour from your flag/flags btw, it can be anything you want

On 04/11/2016 at 9:06 PM, Andy North Croy said:

P.S.   We have a national flag of blue/white and a royal flag of red/yellow.....we have 2 flags from which to pick our kit colours. We should never deviate from them.

I would like to see us wear a strip in the lion rampant colours (after all that make up the main part of our badge), they would have to get the shades of yellow and red right though (or people would say it was a Thistle kit). Yellow with red trim coupled with navy shorts and navy and red socks would also give us alternatives for wearing with the Navy first shirt.

On the home shirt, I don't mind occasional tinkering - the 96 kit was different but worked. Unfortunately the current home shirt does not work for me - for a start it isn't tartan.

On 11/1/2016 at 6:53 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

An away team wearing their away kit in an away game. Who'd have thunk it eh

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

It is not an "away' strip it is the second strip to be used in the event of a colour clash.

So ask yourself - is there a colour clash with the English strip. No there is not.

So why wear this abomination? Totally unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

According to FIFA, the sleeves cause a clash, so it seems there is.

Oh I think someone did mention that.. Just an excuse to get this monstrosity on I suspect. 

Is it just my eyes or has this pink morphed from an understated Salmon pink to now a screaming Barbie doll pink? Something just does not look right at all.

Edited by thplinth