Pink to make the boys wink - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pink to make the boys wink

Ally Bongo

10 minutes ago, Andy North Croy said:

We've become a parody of ourselves and sadly anyone buying the pink shirts are playing along..............I'm actually going to be embarrassed watching my country wear this on Friday.

Don't watch it then. 

If the colour of what a team wear upsets you,things like this probably aren't for you. 

I assume IF we win,no one will want to remember the players fighting their hearts out being heroes to the thousands in attendance,just that the kit was embarrassing. 

Its the 21st century,time to embrace it. 

Many things evolve in life,this is just another of them. 

And remember,it won't be traditional kits at hampden either,will everyone be slating the fa for this happening?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Its the 21st century,time to embrace it. 

Many things evolve in life,this is just another of them. 

Embrace us looking like a complete joke with our attire in the World's oldest international and most recognisible kit combinations and our biggest rivals ?

Id rather see us evolving in terms of ability rather than destroying 100 years of tradition

Getting humped by England which we will is one thing

Getting humped by England which we will when we are wearing pink takes it to a higher level

I sincerely doubt any player walking out the Wembley tunnel will have any pride wearing that jersey in this particular fixture

It is nothing short of a joke - and a bad one at that

Im not surprised some fans are alright with it - it's one of the reasons the SFA have been allowed to reduce our standing to what it is

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Embrace us looking like a complete joke with our attire in the World's oldest international and most recognisible kit combinations and our biggest rivals ?

Id rather see us evolving in terms of ability rather than destroying 100 years of tradition

Getting humped by England which we will when we are wearing pink takes it to a higher level

I sincerely doubt any player walking out the Wembley tunnel will have any pride wearing that jersey in this particular fixture

Im not surprised some fans are alright with it - it's one of the reasons the SFA have been allowed to reduce our standing to what it is

That says more about the players than it does about the strip. Likewise with the fans 

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

That's up there with one of the worst posts ever. 

Remember,these guys will be wearing pink,yellow,blue,green boots all in highly fluorescent colours,the colour scheme doesn't matter one jot to them. 

I take it you're not going to see this highly embarrassing debacle of a fashion show and are you going to be raging this much next year when England wear red?

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That's up there with one of the worst posts ever. 

Remember,these guys will be wearing pink,yellow,blue,green boots all in highly fluorescent colours,the colour scheme doesn't matter one jot to them. 

I take it you're not going to see this highly embarrassing debacle of a fashion show and are you going to be raging this much next year when England wear red?

As i said - Scotland supporters get the team they deserve

44 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I'm with Ally on this 100%. Maybe it's a generation thing or something, I don't know. 

Imagine asking Dave Mackay or Billy Bremner to run out at Wembley in anything other than dark blue ?

I think they would run around in anything to represent their country. 

Otherwise,I wouldn't really think much of them at all. 

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I think they would run around in anything to represent their country. 

Otherwise,I wouldn't really think much of them at all. 

It's one thing asking them to run around in anything to represent the country, it's another altogether asking them to do that at Wembley. 

Its cool, I realise you don't get it ??

10 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

It's one thing asking them to run around in anything to represent the country, it's another altogether asking them to do that at Wembley. 

I do get it,but you're basing it purely on tradition. 

That doesn't cut the mustard. 

Traditionally we used to qualify for tournaments,produce top class players and have a manager/players we can be proud of. You're  one of the guys that think everything will stay the same and the world revolves around what used to happen,nothing wrong with that,but I'm a realist. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

I do get it,but you're basing it purely on tradition. 

That doesn't cut the mustard. 

Traditionally we used to qualify for tournaments,produce top class players and have a manager/players we can be proud of. You're  one of the guys that think everything will stay the same and the world revolves around what used to happen,nothing wrong with that,but I'm a realist. 

Fair points, especially the first one - I am a raging traditionalist ?

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

I'm with Ally on this 100%. Maybe it's a generation thing or something, I don't know. 

Imagine asking Dave Mackay or Billy Bremner to run out at Wembley in anything other than dark blue ?

Agree totally. 

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Have you been on the sunbed? :P

Listen here you. 

Youre knocking about with cubs on a tshirt. 

Thats not even a real bear,just a little defenceless baby bear. 

You have nothing to add to this. 

MON I PINKS!!!!!!! 

Soar high and soar proud my 11 fearless flamingos. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Listen here you. 

Youre knocking about with cubs on a tshirt. 

Thats not even a real bear,just a little defenceless baby bear. 

You have nothing to add to this. 

MON I PINKS!!!!!!! 

Soar high and soar proud my 11 fearless flamingos. 

Cvnt. :lol:

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Sorry but that's a bit of a generalisation. I'm 50 years old and fully remember watching Billy Bremner etc playing for Scotland, but I don't give a flying fook what strip we wear on Friday night.

If you ask me do I like the strip, the answer would be no. Not because it's pink though (some of us other 50 year olds are comfortable with our sexuality ;)) , it's just a $h1t, cheap looking strip. Like a training top.

I'd probably prefer we wore the blue aye, but it will make the square root of fook all difference to the outcome of the match.

As to those of you who are going to be embarrassed watching this, I'm going to be embarrassed watching you being embarrassed watching this.

Edited by Marky

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Sorry but that's a bit of a generalisation. I'm 50 years old and fully remember watching Billy Bremner etc playing for Scotland, but I don't give a flying fook what strip we wear on Friday night.

If you ask me do I like the strip, the answer would be no. Not because it's pink though (some of us other 50 year olds are comfortable with our sexuality ;)) , it's just a $h1t, cheap looking strip. Like a training top.

I'd probably prefer we wore the blue aye, but it will make the square root of fook all difference to the outcome of the match.

As to those of you who are going to be embarrassed watching this, I'm going to be embarrassed watching you being embarrassed watching this.

For an old guy,you're alright :ok:

13 minutes ago, Marky said:

YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE SUPPORTING SCOTLAND!!!! 

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

For an old guy,you're alright :ok:

Any chance you could tell my wife that! :lol:

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE SUPPORTING SCOTLAND!!!!

Yes. I will sit on my hands on Friday night until I learn to hate the great evil that is the wearing of the pink strip. :lol:

On 08/11/2016 at 10:43 PM, Andy North Croy said:

We've become a parody of ourselves and sadly anyone buying the pink shirts are playing along..............I'm actually going to be embarrassed watching my country wear this on Friday.

?? what a load of pish, dont watch it then