Charlie Adam - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Charlie Adam

jamboman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/charlie-adam-launches-stunning-attack-on-gordon-strachan-1-4281037

Charlie fair gets lashd in aboot Strachan and his bizarre selection policies, based on favourites and general fecking fruitloopiness.

Adam should get fit, get a move to someone that'll play him every week in the January window and I've no doubt he'll get back in our squad.

In the meantime he's just getting boring now and looks like someone who's winding his career down to become the next Michael Stewart style pundit.

Not sure if i would have Adam in my squad but he does have a point about what Strachan does and how he picks his squad.

Picking a player that is not playing every week then saying i don't want another player as he is not playing for his club team.

Charlie's a bit of a comedian..

“I am not saying the manager should call me. I am not saying I am the best player for Scotland. But I feel I can add something different to what they have."

err.. charlie, pal... thats you saying you should get a call up! ;)

On the subject matter.. i don't think Adam does deserve a call up. 228 minutes in the premier league this season.. barely 2 and a half games. 480 minutes in the last calendar year. That's barely more than 5 full matches.

He mentions Burke.. who's in the squad. He's not being excluded due to favouritism.

Saw another run of the story where he mentioned Hutton. Hutton's retired.. he can't call him up.

The only one he's got half a point about is Bardsley. And does the absence of Bardsley mean that there's some great conspiracy of favourites when Strachan and his team and picking a squad? No. it doesn't.

He then went on some rant about how Scott Brown shouldn't be involved.. Hush Charlie. I know you're butt-hurt over not being good enough to play for Stoke regularly, but it's all getting a bit embarrassing now.

6 hours ago, Chesney TA said:

Heard Charlie Adam on 5 Live on Monday night.  He's got one of those bizarreo Scottish accents with English inflections in it now (think Kevin Gallacher).  I wouldn't have him near the squad for that alone.

Half our team have English accents!!

Adam would have been in my squad originally. When you have the likes of Brown, Fletcher and McArthur in your bank of 2, he isn't a bad option to bring on for the last 20 if you're chasing the game.

But his comments days before a game of this size are ridiculous. F* him. Don't want to see him again.

Edited by Mcfadden11

6 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Thought his comments were accurate and reflect Strachan's management.

Some people's faces haven't fitted for him and I don't think it's to do with ability.

Not saying Adam is necessarily one of those but some of Strachan's selections over the last year have been bizarre.

Yup, without a doubt. Strachan has his favourites and also players he just will not pick, regardless of form. 

Do people seriously think that Bannan or McGinn (I'd add Morrison and Fletcher to this list too) give us more than Charlie Adam would? No chance. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup, without a doubt. Strachan has his favourites and also players he just will not pick, regardless of form. 

Do people seriously think that Bannan or McGinn (I'd add Morrison and Fletcher to this list too) give us more than Charlie Adam would? No chance. 

Bannan gives us the height at set pieces that Strachan craves though.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

In a nutshell. Adam will be in the next squad under the new manager 

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

In a nutshell. Adam will be in the next squad under the new manager 

He wont be tho..
He doesn't play enough football.
He'll be 31 next month, hardly worth shaping a team around.
He's proved unreliable and inconsistent in previous campaigns and has a concentration problem.
He's technically not as good as Bannan and Bannan keeps the ball better.

Adam shouldn't be and wont be in another Scotland squad until he's playing regular and his form deserves it, regardless of who the manager is.

Edited by andyD

8 minutes ago, andyD said:

He wont be tho..
He's proved unreliable and inconsistent in previous campaigns and has a concentration problem.

Adam shouldn't be and wont be in another Scotland squad until he's playing regular and his form deserves it, regardless of who the manager is.

That's a fair summary.

Has Adam actually done anything in a Scotland jersey bar a decent subs appearance v Spain, where the whole team did well to come back, to suggest he has something we miss. He's had 25 other appearances bar that one and bar letting Gareth Bale cruise past him in Cardiff I can't think of anything else noteworthy in his Scotland career. Its certainly not goals as he has none of those. It just so happens that he has 2 of his 4 good games a season before a Scotland game, therefore it gets him some airtime to bump his gums. He will be back on the bench at Stoke come December. 

Guest BlueGaz
22 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Has Adam actually done anything in a Scotland jersey .....

He let Bale run at him in Cardiff for the 2nd 'screamer' into the top corner.  :(

30 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

That's a fair summary.

Has Adam actually done anything in a Scotland jersey bar a decent subs appearance v Spain, where the whole team did well to come back, to suggest he has something we miss. He's had 25 other appearances bar that one and bar letting Gareth Bale cruise past him in Cardiff I can't think of anything else noteworthy in his Scotland career. Its certainly not goals as he has none of those. It just so happens that he has 2 of his 4 good games a season before a Scotland game, therefore it gets him some airtime to bump his gums. He will be back on the bench at Stoke come December. 

That hits the nail on the head for me.

1 hour ago, andyD said:

He wont be tho..

Bannan is pish.

i agree with some of your post but if anyone thinks McGinn and Bannan give more and are better players than Adam then you're off your head

18 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Bannan is pish.

i agree with some of your post but if anyone thinks McGinn and Bannan give more and are better players than Adam then you're off your head

Bannan and McGinn do more of what Strachan appears to want, run about like headless chickens.  All you need to do to keep your place is run. Football ability is second place to that. 

It doesn't matter what the score tonight, Strachan has lost his ability to pick the right squad / team and needs to go.