Charlie Adam - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Charlie Adam

jamboman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jamboman said:

he is playing a blinder for Stoke, why is he never in the team?

Pick your Strachan excuse, it's could be any of the following

hes not tall enough to defend a set piece

strachan knows what he can do

hes not playing regularly

hes not on form

he doesn't fit the system

Adam's not been called up because he's been rotten in almost every international he's played in. We've lost goals thanks to his inability to play a short pass and his reckless tackling ability. He's another one that's not getting any younger either. He'll be thirty one very soon.

Bardsley should be called up mind.

People go on about his passing ability......last few games for Scotland all I remember about his attempt at long range passing was the ball going out for s throw in!

Edited by Radian

I'd make a case for Dorrans being in the squad on current form, playing well and has tucked a couple of goals.

Adam did look decent tonight but would need a run of games to get a sniff, which to be fair as much as it doesn't suit the current agenda against Strachan, he has picked Adam on the rare occasion he's been a regular for Stoke.

He's so lazy it's unbelievable. I agree with the previous post that he'll never be forgiven for Cardiff. Not because Bale ran off him, but because he didn't try to follow him.

That being said, he was excellent tonight for Stoke. And based on what we have available I'd have him in the squad for England and on the bench as a last throw off the dice. 25 minutes max if we're chasing the game.

3 hours ago, Mcfadden11 said:

He's so lazy it's unbelievable. I agree with the previous post that he'll never be forgiven for Cardiff. Not because Bale ran off him, but because he didn't try to follow him.

That being said, he was excellent tonight for Stoke. And based on what we have available I'd have him in the squad for England and on the bench as a last throw off the dice. 25 minutes max if we're chasing the game.

Said it before but would John McGinn be anywhere near Stoke' s team? Yes but it would be their under 23 one. Adam should be in squad as should Bardsley

2 hours ago, Alan said:

Adam changed the home game v Spain when he came on as sub.

in what way?

we were never close to getting anything out of that match. Just like the recent Germany match we could have scored 67  goals but Spain would have scored 68, they didn't even get out of first gear.

Would be happy to see players who can pass the ball like Adam and Cairney in the squad but expect to again see Bardsley, Adam, Cairney etc overlooked for the usuals. Not that any of the 3 of them, or others (McCormack, Rhodes et al) are world beaters but would be nice to see them in the squad. Sigh

Adam, Bardsley, McCormack, Arfield, Rhodes, Dorrans.

I would have all 6 of these guys in the squad, to me they are simply better than the players who have been picked during this campaign.

For one reason or another Strachan just doesn't seem to fancy them.

6 minutes ago, Hobta83 said:

I would have all 6 of these guys in the squad, to me they are simply better than the players who have been picked during this campaign.

You might want to check the Canadian national team's website.

23 hours ago, Hobta83 said:

Adam - Has been pretty much universally slated every time he's pulled on the dark blue. Barely played in the prem this season.
Bardsley - Paterson needs to be involved because Bardsley and Hutton are getting on. Toss up between those two tbh.
McCormack - Isn't a started for a championship club. 2 goals all season, none in over 2 months.
Arfield - umm..
Rhodes - Not playing football. Barely played more than a match worth all season and not scored at all.
Dorrans - Who's he better than? He's competing with Snodgrass and Burke.. both of whom should be in ahead of him.

Glad Strachan's picking the squad and not you tbh.

6 hours ago, andyD said:

Adam - Has been pretty much universally slated every time he's pulled on the dark blue. Barely played in the prem this season.
Bardsley - Paterson needs to be involved because Bardsley and Hutton are getting on. Toss up between those two tbh.
McCormack - Isn't a started for a championship club. 2 goals all season, none in over 2 months.
Arfield - umm..
Rhodes - Not playing football. Barely played more than a match worth all season and not scored at all.
Dorrans - Who's he better than? He's competing with Snodgrass and Burke.. both of whom should be in ahead of him.

Glad Strachan's picking the squad and not you tbh.

Adam- is capable of getting a goal out of nothing, ideal option on bench even if not starting.  Gets slated every time he puts on a blue jersey, well so do quite a lot of others

Bardsley - only a year younger than Russell Martin, anyhow its not about age for this game, surely for this game its just getting a result not planning for the future.  I know its a different position but Greer's four years older than Bardsley

McCormack - has had a disappointing season but when he was scoring goals was consistenty overlooked as well. His ongoing omission seems to be because he doesn't fit into Strachan's pattern.  The problem is that Strachan's pattern has not worked and there appears to be no other options.  That worries me more than McCormack's omission.

Arfield - hard working, again like Adam can get you a goal out of nothing.  Should have been capped by Scotland but too late

Rhodes - not starting regular in a higher league than Chris Martin but he would be a regular in any Championship team and based on recent history would hahve scored as many goals as Martin if not more.

Dorrans - agreed!