Squad to play England - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad to play England

andyD

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

I hope Strachan is ready to deal with most of Wembley singing 'You're getting sacked in the morning' because it's going to happen as soon as England take the lead

Picks up coat, walks out stadium. Thats all he has to do.

Regarding Adam and other omissions (Bardsley) I would bet the reason is that they are the types who do not kowtow to Gordon in the way he likes. I reckon he is trying to be all SAF with his my way or the highway approach with players.  Even with Burke it is like he is almost trying to show him who's the boss... the stupid stubborn wee divot. 

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well I certainly haven't read anything in the media or online or elsewhere from him on this topic. I will say again that his previous secondary run in the side hardly yelled out that he was meritous of a long run in the side and that was when he was in a far better run of form.

I wish you'd stuck in at English in school.

On 8 November 2016 at 8:27 AM, bossman4 said:

Played last 3 games for Blackburn.

Strange call up, would presume there may be an injury to someone in defence or midfield?

Guess he can cover left back, centre half and midfield so it's a fairly easy call up in that respect.

He's also a Strachan fav who gets in the squad regardless of form or if he has been playing; Forrest, Hanley, Chris Martin etc etc... 

11 minutes ago, andyD said:

I'm just imagining the rage on here if Hanley wasn't even in the squad. :D

Considering he plays in a position where if one or two players called off we'd need to look at bringing Richard Gough out of retirement then yes probably accurate! 

Hanley is terrible but we need him. Sigh. 

20 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Hanley is terrible but we need him. Sigh. 

That's kind of why I don't see with the 'favourites' tho..

Hanley's there cos despite not playing much the lack of competition means he's still one of our best 4 center backs.
Forrest's there because he's quick (different from Snodgrass) and is playing in the Champions League. We don't have anyone else like that.
Martin's there because we don't have any other strikers banging goals in right now.
Mulgrew's there because he's an experienced, reliable, known quantity who can perform in several positions.

There's good reasons all these guys are here.

Not so long ago, people were saying Strachan had something against Griffiths because he wasn't being called up. It seemed due to him being a child off the pitch at the time, but he's grown up a bit it seems and he's back involved in the squad and getting on the pitch. Bannan went thru a period of being left out. Forrest went thru a period of being left out. They're in now, for the reasons mentioned, but they're not 'undroppables' because they've been dropped.

I'm sure we'll all agree that we think some of the squad aren't amazing.. And we wish we had better options than we do.. But we've only got the pool of player that we've got and from that we need a squad that lets us change things if we need to.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

Aye right. I have no doubt my pass grades were better than yours apart from in a-hole-ology.

Bit random but I'll respond anyway. You need a numerate degree subject to get on to the graduate scheme to take the professional qualifications for the job I have.

On 11/23/2016 at 1:02 PM, Chesney TA said:

Bit random but I'll respond anyway. You need a numerate degree subject to get on to the graduate scheme to take the professional qualifications for the job I have.

Na not be an a-hole you don't.

Let it drop and stop being so aggressive about differing opinions eh. You have yours and I have mine.