Starting Xi V Germany - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Xi V Germany

Rob

Saturday night in so here's my starting XI.

Can go more attacking if still in game after 60 mins.

Naismith

C. McGregor D. Fletcher McArthur Mulgrew Burke

Robertson Berra Martin Hutton

A. McGregor

Edited by Rob

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday night in so here's my starting XI.

Can go more attacking if still in game after 60 mins.

Naismith

C. McGregor D. Fletcher McArthur Mulgrew Burke

Robertson Berra Martin Hutton

A. McGregor

Callum McGregor is certainly talented amd could turn into a full international in the near future. But there is no way he is ready to start against the world champions

I would normally agree Tartan Blood, but only other options on the left of midfield are Anya and Maloney and both have hardly played this season. That's my logic anyway and assume is the reason he's in the squad given his age and lack of experience.

I would normally agree Tartan Blood, but only other options on the left of midfield are Anya and Maloney and both have hardly played this season. That's my logic anyway and assume is the reason he's in the squad given his age and lack of experience.

Anya started today.

You are obviously a person that feels every player should be playing regularly to get in the team. It certainly does help. But we also want to play our best and most experienced players. Hutton has performed well for the last year despite lack of game time. The same with McFadden in the past.

Anya and Maloney have big game experience so if they are physically fit then I won't be disappointed seeing either starting.

I hope we play Naismith behind Fletcher.

Marshall; Hutton; Hanley, Martin, Robertson; Fletcher, McArthur; Morrison, Naismith, Anya; Fletcher.

That's probably what I'd pick. I don't really rate Anya but his pace and ability to run with the ball could be our best attacking outlet.

That's probably what I'd pick. I don't really rate Anya but his pace and ability to run with the ball could be our best attacking outlet.

I agree. I'd be tempted to play Forysth at left-back and Robertson further forward instead of Anya but there is no way WGS will do that in this game.

Im personal just happy Hutton getting some game time for villa again this season and iv heard he actually playing quite well. Maloney played and set up wigans 4th goal yesterday so id give him nod over mcgregor on experience alone but these kids gotta start somewhere and he has been One bright lights with celtic so far this early on but dont seen wsg picking him for a starting spot

Naismith up front on his own would be daft. He's doing well for Everton supporting a lone forward and that his his best role. Let him support S.Fletcher.

Totally agree. Can't believe so many are going for Naisy up front; he was only used there because of injuries. Though Sfletch hasn't scored yet, there are always goals in him.

Fletcher has only scored one goal for us but he is best option up front and will at least hassle germany back 4 with his height and physical presence and to be honest dont know much about chris martin from derby so cant comment on him apart from fact iv never liked Coldplay!

Totally agree. Can't believe so many are going for Naisy up front; he was only used there because of injuries. Though Sfletch hasn't scored yet, there are always goals in him.

It all comes down to the system Strachan is trying to play, Naismith up top fits that bill perfectly. Also with it being in Dortmund against the world champs I really don't think Fletch will start up top, as much as I would like to see that,(and I'm sure in other games that will be the case) it will all be about packing the midfield with Naisy running about like a less smiley Kenny Miller up top.

McGregor - GK

Hutton - RB

Hanley - CH

Martin - CH

Robertson - LB

Very happy with GK and full backs. Centre halves are still a concern. They have had some decent performances but are still playing 2nd tier football in England.

Mulgrew -DM

Fletcher - DM

Happy with this. Mulgrew has great distribution and we all know what Fletch can do.

The 3 midfielders I'd go for.

Dorrans

C McGregor

Morrison

Dorrans has been playing regular and Morrison never lets us down. McGregor can be our wild card. Playing well for Celtic, is positive and will have no fear only young players have.

Naismith - CF

can hold ball up. Makes space. Clever player and surprising good in the air. Scores more than Steven Fletcher for club and country.