culture - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Seen the Sleaford mods earlier this year support the Libertines at the 02 and they were pretty good. I didnt know they were playing, although I doubt I would have been able to convince any of the rest of my party to go see them.

For us I think it will just be a balootered few days,

enjoy though

It's great to tap into the culture of the country you're visiting.

Poland: Salt Mines, Auschwitz, great food

Georgia: Cha-cha, art galleries, the wine

Germany: Beer, wurst, architecture

So in England, I'm hoping to find a bar with plastic tables and chairs to throw about then get a tanking by Russian tourists. 

Chief - if your looking for a show for you and your wife try the book of mormon. Went two weeks ago with my missus - seriously outrageous and laughing out loud the whole way through. No cheap though. Like you taking the wife to the game - something I swore Id never do as i like the lads trip bit but fair play shes wearing tartan and supporting us although shes english. 

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

It's great to tap into the culture of the country you're visiting.

Poland: Salt Mines, Auschwitz, great food

Georgia: Cha-cha, art galleries, the wine

Germany: Beer, wurst, architecture

So in England, I'm hoping to find a bar with plastic tables and chairs to throw about then get a tanking by Russian tourists. 

Haha good effort.

17 of us off to a comedy club on the Thursday night and then onto the Nicht Afore party after it.

Going to the Sky Garden (the Walkie Talkie) lunchtime on Friday 

4 hours ago, WeeJohmny said:

Chief - if your looking for a show for you and your wife try the book of mormon. Went two weeks ago with my missus - seriously outrageous and laughing out loud the whole way through. No cheap though. Like you taking the wife to the game - something I swore Id never do as i like the lads trip bit but fair play shes wearing tartan and supporting us although shes english. 

Cheers I'll look into that, I know I'd like that one, she might too 

If I am so burst on Thursday that I get an early night I might get up early on the Friday and head to Trafalgar Square for the Armistice Day memorial. I've watched it a few times on the telly but I imagine it's a completely different feeling/atmosphere to actually be there.

12 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Does the Duck bus still run ? Went on it last time, it was great. :ok:

38 minutes ago, Mox said:

I don't think it does. Am sure a few of them went up in flames in the last couple of years so they wrapped it.

Yes it does.

I get to London next Thursday and plan to go to North Gower Street where they film Sherlock for a look, and then off to Paddington Station to see the statue of Paddington (sad but true!!) and I meeting up with my mates (who will have been in the pub all afternoon and well on their way.)

Ah the joys!!! :)

2 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

I get to London next Thursday and plan to go to North Gower Street where they film Sherlock for a look, and then off to Paddington Station to see the statue of Paddington (sad but true!!) and I meeting up with my mates (who will have been in the pub all afternoon and well on their way.)

Ah the joys!!! :)

i would have thought you'd be off to Nelson Mandela house