Andy Murray No. 1 / Chant or Song - Page 4 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Murray No. 1 / Chant or Song

WeeJohnny

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Another deflection away from my question. 

Once more then. 

Did Andy Murray have a chance to represent Scotland and choose not to?

A yes or no will suffice. 

There's no deflection, your question is just worthy of little more than derision and ridicule. You're expecting a world class, top level sportsman to compete in a tin pot, 2 bob tournament that no one cared about. You're trying to use not competing in a nothing event against him. It's beyond pathetic to be honest. 

I could almost understand your point if the games weren't held concurrently with a Masters event. However, they were, and any tennis player worth their salt would've been there. 

You can bash on with your, IMO, narrow minded viewpoint that he should rule himself out of big tennis tournaments because he can't compete for Scotland though.

Just for reference, the man who won the 2010 Commonwealth Games had a career high ranking of 62 and is currently ranked 740 in the world, while the silver medalist has a career high ranking of 179. I'm a tennis fan and i've heard of neither of them, which pretty much sums up the level of player that competed. 

17 minutes ago, The Laud said:

Apparently hes going to be at the game on friday

Given that the ATP Masters Finals start in London on the 13th, I'm not surprised.

1 hour ago, ankles said:

This thread reminds me of the guy that was deadly serious on here about his post that he was never speaking to his sister ever again if she voted No in the  upcoming referendum at the time.

:lol: For real? 

If more of our footballers had the passion, commitment, determination and sporting ability, then we could then sing about them with great pride.

The laddies World Number 1 ! 

We don't get that many opportunities to say that Scotland are world champions :lol: 

If you want to stand at Wembley and scream at the top of your blackend nicotine stained lungs  about a feckin tennis player then on you go.  Do you think the Swedes sing about Bjorn Borg, do the Romanian fans sing about Nastase that long haired bulbous  eyed muppet,  do they fook .  Its only the backwards, spasticated cretins amongst our supporters who will do it. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

:lol: For real? 

Edited by Thomo

5 hours ago, Cameron92 said:

Number one

And he voted yes

Andy Murray,

Scotland's best. 

Only having a laugh cause I'm rubbish at these sorts of things but it would wind them up a bit if we sang about Andy ;)

Listen you streak of paralysed piss. It wont wind up anybody....They dont care and if you want to stand like a moron and sing your wee  ditty then on you go I just hope your not beside me.

Edited by Thomo

8 hours ago, Thomo said:

Listen you streak of paralysed piss. It wont wind up anybody....They dont care and if you want to stand like a moron and sing your wee  ditty then on you go I just hope your not beside me.

:o :wacko: :blink:  Heads gone IMO

8 hours ago, Thomo said:

If you want to stand at Wembley and scream at the top of your blackend nicotine stained lungs  about a feckin tennis player then on you go.  Do you think the Swedes sing about Bjorn Borg, do the Romanian fans sing about Nastase that long haired bulbous  eyed muppet,  do they fook .  Its only the backwards, spasticated cretins amongst our supporters who will do it. 

:lol: 

1. I don't want to sing any songs about Andy Murray on Friday night

2. I've had 1 cigarette in my entire life :ok: 

3. Chill the feck out. 

9 hours ago, fringo said:

This is a football match and nothing to do with tennis or any other sport.

Agreed. Great achievement from Murray, especially given the quality and consistency of Djokovic over the last few years, but its probably a measure of how far our football team has sunk that there are people considering singing songs about him at a football.