Andy Murray No. 1 / Chant or Song - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Murray No. 1 / Chant or Song

WeeJohnny

Can we no come up with a decent chant or song around Andy being number one ?

The die hard English supporters really dislike him because of the comment he made in banter. He received dogs abuse.

Surely we should celebrate his achievement. He likes his fitba and I bet it would go down a treat ! 

Edited by WeeJohmny
Clarification

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Cheering for a competitor of the wrong sport. 

Also cheering for a team gb player. 

I dunno what's worse tbh. 

Agree

We should be focusing all our energy into backing the players on the park, not some tennis player who has represented and stood to the anthem that many of us will be booing. Talk about irony FFS

13 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

The English sing about our referendum ,  the IRA and other crap not associated with football and we cant sing about our sporting hero ? 

naw.....i'm sure we will make a right racket......but singing aboot a tennis player who is GB it reeks of clutching at straws... we never sang aboot Jocky Wilson when he was number 1 in the world at darts or Stephen Hendry at snooker and they were representing Scotland not GB and they beat English opponents.....great to see Murray at number 1 but it's not a Scotland thing its a GB thing.

Edited by bigfathagiz

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

We were all giving it laldy in song for Andy Murray outside the Ted Christopher gig in Metz . Think he had just beaten a Frenchman in the French  Open . 

I am a glory hunter, more than happy to climb on board the Murray bandwagon .

must huv missed that wur wee singing in french the only thing ah remember wis a loon dancing on top of a choo choo wae rubber weels

Only in Scotland could we not be proud of someone who is the best in the world in their field 

some of the stuff on here is embarrassing....

Andy Murray is a proud Scotsman and we should be proud of him.

should we sing about him at Wembley?!? who knows as it doesn't seem relevant 

however if it winds up " them " then let's do it 

"Henman was a c0ck and the other bloke was ....  Canadian" might not catch on tho ?

5 minutes ago, Anders said:

Only in Scotland could we not be proud of someone who is the best in the world in their field 

some of the stuff on here is embarrassing....

Andy Murray is a proud Scotsman and we should be proud of him.

should we sing about him at Wembley?!? who knows as it doesn't seem relevant 

however if it winds up " them " then let's do it 

"Henman was a c0ck and the other bloke was ....  Canadian" might not catch on tho ?

I don't doubt for a minute that you aren't a proud Scotsman but with all due respect I certainly won't be singing "Anders, there's only one Anders"

Any singing within the ground should be to gee the Scotland players up and not someone who has nothing to do with the event being played out in front of us 

Don't disagree with that however any song that creates a bit of atmosphere (sadly lacking at recent games) and at the same time winds up the opposition even as a one off must be worth a shout ... 

im not sure singing about me would catch on or wind up the opposition but happy to join in ! 

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Agree

We should be focusing all our energy into backing the players on the park, not some tennis player who has represented and stood to the anthem that many of us will be booing. Talk about irony FFS

So you are saying  all the  Scottish armed forces  that has stood and fought  and died with the rest of the our  home nations  for us to start  picking on a tennis player  no fult of his own does not choose anthem  which is played  if he wins  , the  anthem  could of been  ? If we lost WW2  would that make you happy .