This Pretty Much Sums Up My Own Bitterness. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Pretty Much Sums Up My Own Bitterness.

A Glaswegians defiant and passionate message to :

Could not agree more. The SNP have been shielding the No's from this crap for 4 years. Time to stop.

I especially want to witness the pregnant look on the pensioners faces (before they get a chance to die) when they realize they have all been royally fukked up their shrivelled arseholes.

The faster the SNP stop shielding the No's the faster we have another democratic insurrection.

The boy is dead right (impressive considering how pished he is).

Being in government makes you unpopular, the SNP did it well to show they were competent and could be trusted in the event of a Yes. That never happened so now they should step aside.

All the things that are different to England should be stripped away.

It's a brilliant starting point. The bus pass also.

Yeah, I'm deadly serious... there is zero justification now for all these special Scottish benefits. While we were on the road to independence it was fine to diverge but now we have no justification for this.

Scottish pensioners should get the same deal as UK pensioners.

Edited by thplinth

The SNP in a way were too effective in Govt, and the deluded NOs didn't realise that it WAS the SNP that protected their bus pass, prescriptions etc.

And these Scottish Labour (joke) clowns just moaned and whinged ...utter shits. Never a labour fan but now...lower than the Tories.

The SNP in a way were too effective in Govt, and the deluded NOs didn't realise that it WAS the SNP that protected their bus pass, prescriptions etc.

Logic dictates you recognize the hand that feeds and protects you but in this instance they bit it.

Now they will reap their bitter harvest.

Yeah, I'm deadly serious... there is zero justification now for all these special Scottish benefits. While we were on the road to independence it was fine to diverge but now we have no justification for this.

So am I. My mother is 75. She voted yes. We spoke to her, persuaded her and finally she came round. She was on the phone this morning - she's really disappointed. She knew we had it within us as a nation to do this. Her starting point was a definitive and absolute no when this all started. She understands exactly what it meant and what it would take and what they will now take. I honestly cannot wait for the first round of cuts. Most of her friends voted no - she'll wipe the floor with them when they start to complain. ....

I said on another thread, its time to stop being nice to them.

F-ck it, its never over, we will win this one day.

Edited by kumnio

I understand where the boy is coming from, but I can't share his sentiments. The reason I can't share his sentiments is that I think the people who are likely to get f*cked over - and I hope I am wrong but I fear a is on its way - probably voted Yes.

Comfortably off, selfish middle-class types are almost certainly the people who voted against independence (just look at the geographical area where No triumphed comfortably) and they won't be the ones who take the hit. The hit will be taken by the vulnerable in our society - the low paid, the young, the unemployed, the sick, the disabled. The last thing I want to see is that segment of our population suffering even further just so we can say 'told you so'.