Have to confess - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Have to confess

Ally Bongo

The amount of money, time, energy and enthusiasm I have spent on Scotland in the last 20 years, I'd hate to think. Some great memories granted, however, far too many bad ones to make it worthwhile any more.

I have a young family, and I'd rather give them my money, time, energy and enthusiasm.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

FFS!!! Mon tae f**k!  We need all the help we can get. Nobody is going to put their arm around you and tell you everything is going to be all right. Just get behind the team and support them. I thought I was a negative c**t, but this is ridiculous. You are Scottish, something to be proud of. this is England, Wembley, World Cup qualifier. Just go and get behind the team. Win, lose or draw, support the team and your country.

Well I suppose the pink tops may refocus my rose tinted specs.

Started back in 70s then after a long familly and work break got back into it 8 years ago, hardly missed a game since.  Slovakia did it for me, after 2nd goal wandered the concourse blathering to folk i know.  it was the shittiest i felt since 4 6 0.

Wembley shoukd be exciting but if my boy wasnt going i doubt id have travelled.

Still as soon as im in ground hopefuly all will change....a humping might, might be the very lastish sort of  straw...we'll see.

I said on here after the failure last time not to even get a play off spot I would re-evaluate at the end of this year. After a promising performance in Prague, the Metz & Trnava games have probably made my mind up that Wembley will be my last for a while. The Lithuania game was the first home qualifier I've missed in about 25 years. 

I know my mood will change when I get to London on Thursday & when we get up to Wembley but can't see anything changing my mind.

I've felt this desperate feeling of doom before going to Scotland games. The first time was my first trip to an away game (Wales and Wembley apart). It was a trip to Paris ans against all the odds, we came away with a victory.

I had the same impending feeling of dread going away to Croatia. They were ranked 4th or 5th in the world at the time. Again, we got the victory.

I have the same feeling for this game as I had then. I hope to hell for the same outcome. 

Keep believing

3 hours ago, simonmk said:

The amount of money, time, energy and enthusiasm I have spent on Scotland in the last 20 years, I'd hate to think. Some great memories granted, however, far too many bad ones to make it worthwhile any more.

I have a young family, and I'd rather give them my money, time, energy and enthusiasm.

We give and give and give Scotland everything. Time, money, support, loyalty even after nearly 20 long frustrating years of not qualifying and we get fvck all back except half arsed performance's and excuses after excuses, not to mention rising ticket costs. I shudder to think about the money I've spent on watching Scotland

I not only have the fear we'll get embarrassed, I just can't be arsed. There's been too many years of dismal mediocrity and - like 1000s of others it seems - I'm jaded.

Looking at this England team, we really should be going there thinking we're underdogs but on our day could cause an upset. Instead, I'm looking at our defence and thinking on our day we might only concede two. And if not on our day it could easily be four or five, even if we nick one at the other end.

Tbh if I wasn't able to meet up with mates in London throughout the day and then head up to a different pal in Nottingham on Saturday before going home on Monday, I wouldn't be bothering Wembley or not. Instead it's just the obligation I have to go through for what should otherwise be a very enjoyable long weekend.

Win (ha!) or lose this will likely be my last away game in a while (first kid coming in March) - but if we're not at least semi-competitive I fear that while could be a very long one indeed sadly.

43 minutes ago, northernscum said:

......just imagine Friday night in London (or back home) after a win, though! Oooft!:beer2::beer2:

Will be nuts if we win, no matter where you are. Wasnt really bothered about it but now buzzing haha

I really want to be positive. Actually, I'm desperate to raise myself to some form of positivity. 

But after the years of heartache and failure, I'm struggling. 

My English mates have been ripping me for weeks now, 4 or 5 minimum, worst of the home nations by miles, couldna score in a brothel etc etc blah blah.

The best I could give back was at least I follow my country.

Thats all I've got, and those who know me know I can more than hold my own in the banter. 

Please lads ( players ), give us something back, some pride, some feeling of happiness, something to help us carry the Pride we shout about with all things Scottish ! 

Get right in aboot thum ! 

7 minutes ago, jock strap said:

I really want to be positive. Actually, I'm desperate to raise myself to some form of positivity. 

But after the years of heartache and failure, I'm struggling. 

My English mates have been ripping me for weeks now, 4 or 5 minimum, worst of the home nations by miles, couldna score in a brothel etc etc blah blah.

The best I could give back was at least I follow my country.

Thats all I've got, and those who know me know I can more than hold my own in the banter. 

Please lads ( players ), give us something back, some pride, some feeling of happiness, something to help us carry the Pride we shout about with all things Scottish ! 

Get right in aboot thum ! 

Right ! You're signed up for centre forward. :ok:

On 06/11/2016 at 5:13 PM, simonmk said:

Agree with what you say. 

I'd normally never buzzing for this game, doing whatever I could to get a ticket, but it's hard to put my finger on it, but, all I can say is, it's gone. The enthusiasm, the interest, the excitement, everything. 

I will watch the game but won't be sat on the edge of my seat, belting the anthem out, and getting excited.

Know that feeling. 

Ive known for a good while that I wasn't going,the fact I can't afford it is nothing to do with it though. 

I've been buzzing in the days leading up to games,home or away,but now,there's nothing there. 

Thought I would have a change of heart when the tickets came available,but it never even registered that I could get a ticket again. 

Sad times indeed. 

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Know that feeling. 

Ive known for a good while that I wasn't going,the fact I can't afford it is nothing to do with it though. 

I've been buzzing in the days leading up to games,home or away,but now,there's nothing there. 

Thought I would have a change of heart when the tickets came available,but it never even registered that I could get a ticket again. 

Sad times indeed. 

You need to get out of GU10 mode and into LED. You sound more depressed than me....