ATAC Sporran Guide - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

ATAC Sporran Guide

ATAC

Don't think a Scottish accent will be an issue at Millwall...the only London club founded by Scotsmen...play in Scottish colours and have a Scottish badge. I've gone to Millwall for years and drink in the boozers. One of the old school top boys always reminds me of his second team...The Bully Wee!! If you do take in this game then head for the Marquis of Granby in New Cross or The Farriers Arms in Surrey Quays. Both near stations only about 10 mins from town.

I live in Bromley (Londons biggest borough) Hayes Lane is a fantastic park with large open and covered terracing. Trains run from London Victoria to Bromley South (fast train only 16 mins) big Wetherspoons opp station. Also big club house serving bevvy in the park.

PM me if you need any other info for places to go and how to get there etc and I'll do ma best to give you a heads up!

5 hours ago, Mcfadden11 said:

Are the recommended clubs aware Scotland fans will be attending or are they just recommendations?

They were recommended by an international DJ from the area to one our Loony Alba members, ATAC have not been in contact with any of the clubs.

1 minute ago, joecraigfanclub said:

I believe Chopper is updating this tonight with your recommendation. God knows what they'll do with Vinopolis? Flats?

Site looks untouched when I was there last week as I thought all the Railway work they were doing was complete.

12 hours ago, Dreaded Scotsman said:

You will tap out of the underground then tap into the rail station. Always remember to tap out!!! When you use an oyster or debit card it caps off at travel card price so you can travel all day on buses/trains/tube/thames clipper/overground within london.

Cheers pal...

The Sporran Guide has been updated to remove reference to the closed pubs, thanks SP for the heads up and alternative suggestions.

kumnio is correct Scottish bank notes are not legal tender but they are legal currency as the guide says so should not be a problem, credit cards/debit cards/cheques aren't legal tender either.  Apparently legal tender is a pretty meaningless term more related to debt, no bank notes (Scottish or English) are actually legal tender in Scotland.  Ultimately anyone can refuse payment in any form they wish so there is no guarantee but a Scottish bank note is just as valid as any other payment method.

http://www.acbi.org.uk/media/sni_notes_factsheet_nov12_copy1.pdf