Scotland fans with England End Tickets - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans with England End Tickets

GYL

OK so it's looking highly unlikely that we'll be able to get the tickets for our end so the question is if we manage to acquire a couple of tickets for the England end will we get in with the kilts on, would it be a waste of money because we would be refused entry?

All help and assistance appreciated especially if anyone has a couple of tickets spare:ok:

I know i'd do everything i could to make sure i got to see the game.

What you feel more passionate about - wearing a kilt or getting to see your team? Absolutely no chance i'd risk getting the knock back.

Same argument was had before Macedonia in 2008. Only the fans with a bit of savvy that home end tickets got in. Needless to say that meant 1000s locked outside. They never missed much right enough! 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Constantly amazed by posts like this. Why would anyone even consider wearing a kilt in the England end? Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

This.

Even if you do get passed a blindman on the gates and likewise a blind steward or three then you will end up in great risk to your own health - especially if Scotland score.

1 hour ago, GYL said:

OK so it's looking highly unlikely that we'll be able to get the tickets for our end so the question is if we manage to acquire a couple of tickets for the England end will we get in with the kilts on, would it be a waste of money because we would be refused entry?

All help and assistance appreciated especially if anyone has a couple of tickets spare:ok:

I can't believe anyone would risk not getting in just for the sake of wearing a kilt!:huh: If you get England end tickets, just take the sensible option and go in with jeans and a plain top.

End of the day you wear what you want. It is not right nor wrong to wear kilt or jeans to Scotland games. Whatever you feel comfortable and happy in is my take on it. It just becomes an issue if you try going into the England end with a kilt on - you may as well just take a loud haler and start singing 'Flower of Scotland' if you want to give yourself away in an end that will not take kindly to your presence.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

This.

Even if you do get passed a blindman on the gates and likewise a blind steward or three then you will end up in great risk to your own health - especially if Scotland score.

This could be a problem regardless of what i'm wearing.....thanks for all the advice guys:ok:......Pub it is.... Porterhouse anyone?

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I wonder how many will be in the wrong end or in the right end but still glorifying the "take over" on Friday would have been getting on their high horse about the Poles at Hampden 

Didn't mind the poles in the home until they started throwing flares at people, I like to think when we have guys in the home end they don't behave like total cocks.

1 minute ago, hendryselbow said:

Didn't mind the poles in the home until they started throwing flares at people, I like to think when we have guys in the home end they don't behave like total cocks.

The ones round me were dicks. The Irish and Germans were much better.

7 minutes ago, hendryselbow said:

I personally seen more cockwomble Scotland fans fighting amongst themselves that night. It's becoming a common theme at home games

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I personally seen more cockwomble Scotland fans fighting amongst themselves that night. It's becoming a common theme at home games

If boys want to fight amongst themselves then that's their problem, but there was loads of kids in the vicinity of where the flares were getting launched, total fannies with no interest in watching the game making sure they ruined it for everyone else in the process.

11 minutes ago, hendryselbow said:

If boys want to fight amongst themselves then that's their problem, but there was loads of kids in the vicinity of where the flares were getting launched, total fannies with no interest in watching the game making sure they ruined it for everyone else in the process.

Not doubting you, in fact I saw the flares for myself from afar but drunken fannies fighting paying no attention to the football amongst men, women and children alike. Elbows flying, juices being knocked about, racism and just general cüntbaggery. 

We may have a great support in numbers but that is as far as the term great goes. 

These incidents weren't solely at the Poland game. The Germany and recent Lithuania game had instances too

Edited by DoonTheSlope
Add in Germany and Lithuania

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Not doubting you, in fact I saw the flares for myself from afar but drunken fannies fighting paying no attention to the football amongst men, women and children alike. Elbows flying, juices being knocked about, racism and just general cüntbaggery. 

We may have a great support in numbers but that is as far as the term great goes. 

Ye I agree, although a big crowd with the right attitude this week could restore some pride. Hopefully with people avoiding Trafalgar Square and opting for Covent Garden or somewhere else would be a good start.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

So by that I take it you mean if you can't wear your kilt you won't enter the England end with your tickets? Crazy.

If you read my op you would see I don't have tickets for either end.....my point was regardless of what I was wearing and where I was, I would find it very difficult not to cheer a Scotland goal.....  would I consider changing out of the kilt to enter the England end should I be lucky enough to get tickets for there end.....yes of course I would.

Hope that satisfies the fashion police!!

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I know i'd do everything i could to make sure i got to see the game.

What you feel more passionate about - wearing a kilt or getting to see your team? Absolutely no chance i'd risk getting the knock back.

Same argument was had before Macedonia in 2008. Only the fans with a bit of savvy that home end tickets got in. Needless to say that meant 1000s locked outside. They never missed much right enough! 

Completely agree with this. I went to the Macedonia game and rather naively just expected the authorities to let us in. (To be fair, with my complexion and hair colour I don't think I was going to pass as a Macedonian anyway...)

If you are desperate to see the game live then I'd advise you to ditch any Scottish stuff, apart from maybe a flag you can whip out at the final whistle!!

Was in the away end in 99, ( jeans, t shirt, jacket) not saying the whole ground was like this but the area I was in was poisonous, when we scored me and my mate gave ourselves away, I got a punch in the face for my troubles, stewards or police ignored it as they probably thought it was our own fault for being in there in the first place.

Couldnt go for a piss at half time as a few Burberry clad knobs were watching our every move by this time, I feared we were never getting out of that stadium alive, luckily we were near an exit and when Seaman made that infamous save with his eyes shut we took our chance and slipped out, scary experience, but I must admit if I didn't have a ticket for the away end this time is probably take my chances and do it again.