March/ May Friendlies - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always the possibility the game won't be where the camp is. Financially it may be better to have a week in Spain and then play a game in London where they'll get more in gate money. That's what happened with Brazil game, which was at the end of a week at La Manga.

When Strachan was Celtic manager he used to take them to Marbella all the time for training camps, and the SFA used La Manga before the Brazil game, so if there is a game near where the training camp is it will be in either Malaga or Alicante area.

Lichtenstein are playing the Faroes in Marbella, so does not automatically mean we need to play a big nation in order to pay for it, but could mean struggling to find a team to come to the Costa Del Sol to play us (I see the Scandinavian countries are all playing each other in the middle east at the start of the year...granted these will just be league selects rather than the full team), or we can go home via a country we are going to play.

When Strachan was Celtic manager he used to take them to Marbella all the time for training camps, and the SFA used La Manga before the Brazil game, so if there is a game near where the training camp is it will be in either Malaga or Alicante area.

Lichtenstein are playing the Faroes in Marbella, so does not automatically mean we need to play a big nation in order to pay for it, but could mean struggling to find a team to come to the Costa Del Sol to play us (I see the Scandinavian countries are all playing each other in the middle east at the start of the year...granted these will just be league selects rather than the full team), or we can go home via a country we are going to play.

Scandinavian teams always play in Jan and often in that region.

Not sure a game against a small nation in Spain would help cover any costs of a weeks training camp, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if we played elsewhere.

There's always the possibility the game won't be where the camp is. Financially it may be better to have a week in Spain and then play a game in London where they'll get more in gate money. That's what happened with Brazil game, which was at the end of a week at La Manga.

would be up for a day trip to London, loved fulham game vs nigeria. Great wee stadium.

would be up for a day trip to London, loved fulham game vs nigeria. Great wee stadium.

I hope we only ever play in London once more and that's next November. If it's warm weather then Singapore or Hong Kong will do me. Anywhere but f#ckin London.

I hope we only ever play in London once more and that's next November. If it's warm weather then Singapore or Hong Kong will do me. Anywhere but f#ckin London.

if we've got to play a friendly doon there why not Manchester?

:blush: London in march does not come into the warm category, so doubt it will be london.

That was my thinking too. Perhaps they will have their warm weather training camp in Spain/Portugal/Cyprus etc from Mon - Sat then fly somewhere to play a game (just like they did with the Brazil game in March a few years back).

That was my thinking too. Perhaps they will have their warm weather training camp in Spain/Portugal/Cyprus etc from Mon - Sat then fly somewhere to play a game (just like they did with the Brazil game in March a few years back).

La Manga for 5 days then a Sunday afternoon fixture in London v South Korea or Italy.

La Manga for 5 days then a Sunday afternoon fixture in London v South Korea or Italy.

South Korea are talking about coming to Europe in May, and almost all the big European nations (Spain, Germany, France, Italy etc all have their March fixtures sorted.