Metz A No Go - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Metz A No Go

big clarky

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably is going ahead and someone who knows someone from the FFF told a guy who works for the local Metz paper about it in the pub. And it spread from there. And really, lets face it, it's not a bit secret deal for the French. They don't give a toss about playing us.

The SFA on the other hand have probably got a super injunction on the go with plans for a razamataz launch event at Hampden with Gordon Strachan present where they'll have Steven Fletcher announce the summer friendly schedule. We'll be in with a chance of tickets and all that.

Yep. SFA creaming themselves over a couple of friendlies. Dire times.

Guaranteed they use the world glamour.

For the record I booked. £100 return flight to Paris and free canx hotel.

If it Doesnae happen and I canx I lose £45 and get back tax and booking fee or can likely use for a nice wkd break.

Don't see the fuss.

Yep. SFA creaming themselves over a couple of friendlies. Dire times.

Guaranteed they use the world glamour.

For the record I booked. £100 return flight to Paris and free canx hotel.

If it Doesnae happen and I canx I lose £45 and get back tax and booking fee or can likely use for a nice wkd break.

Don't see the fuss.

Oh look at me, I'm Mr More Money Than Sense!!

The SFA on the other hand have probably got a super injunction on the go with plans for a razamataz launch event at Hampden with Gordon Strachan present where they'll have Steven Fletcher announce the summer friendly schedule. We'll be in with a chance of tickets and all that.

I think you are being a bit harsh on the SFA here.

Going by the rumour mill it appears that they are wanting to play possibly 2 games at end of May/start of June. IMO they are trying to protect the fans here by not announcing anything until both games are tied up.

Imagine if they end up with say a game on the Wednesday and then a game in the Saturday, in quite close together locations. A lot of fans would do both, probably one flight in, travel to second location, one flight home.

If however they came out and said "We are playing France Sat 4th June" and fans went and booked a Thursday or Friday flight out and return home Sunday and then came out 5 days later and said... "Ohh and we are also playing Italy on 30th May".....folk would be peeved that they would either have to book another 2 flights when they could have booked only 2 in total.

I think you are being a bit harsh on the SFA here.

Going by the rumour mill it appears that they are wanting to play possibly 2 games at end of May/start of June. IMO they are trying to protect the fans here by not announcing anything until both games are tied up.

Imagine if they end up with say a game on the Wednesday and then a game in the Saturday, in quite close together locations. A lot of fans would do both, probably one flight in, travel to second location, one flight home.

If however they came out and said "We are playing France Sat 4th June" and fans went and booked a Thursday or Friday flight out and return home Sunday and then came out 5 days later and said... "Ohh and we are also playing Italy on 30th May".....folk would be peeved that they would either have to book another 2 flights when they could have booked only 2 in total.

I agree with this. Of course it is frustrating when we hear rumours and want to book flights etc. But as you say I get the impression they want to announce both games together.

Compared to previous years we have announced friendlies with a bit more notice than normal.

A lot of countries announce games as and when they are confirmed but it isn't good for fans. Iceland for example before Christmas confirmed they are playing Greece away on the 2nd March date then yesterday (a month later) announced they are playing Denmark away in the first March date. For a fan wanting to go to both games that would be a nightmare.

Edited by tartanpar

In their defence they are right to announce both at the same time, particularly if they are away.

I think the frustrations are around the lengh of time it takes to get to that stage, especially when opposition countries have basically announced it. Not to mention rumours of us missing out on decent matches because they are allegedly holding out for obscene amounts of cash.

Oh look at me, I'm Mr More Money Than Sense!!

Surely it makes sense to lose a max of £46 from booking early.

Or wait and pay £200 more for flights and accommodation.

Net result is a gain of around £150 based on booking early.

Common sense approach surely.

Mate I'm ripping the

only if you post after the fact and tell everybody how much the flights have gone up in price (not a dig at you)

seems to be a "thing" on here

Article in the Daily Record saying game vs france in Metz is on the 4th June! Don't know if this link will work but the headline is

Scotland didn't qualify for Euro 2016 but Europe's elite are lining up friendlies.. with Italy the latest to want a crack at Gordon Strachan's

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-didnt-qualify-euro-2016-7228045#JY47fxoKcsd2Z1pL.99

The number of typos and factual errors you see in newspapers these days is unbelievable.

I think its a combination of cutting back on sub-editors and articles being published directly online without checking.

Totally crazy that it can make publification with an error like that isnt it. Id say date is right but day is an error as the Sat is what has been spoken about up till now!

w

Article in the Daily Record saying game vs france in Metz is on the 4th June! Don't know if this link will work but the headline is

Scotland didn't qualify for Euro 2016 but Europe's elite are lining up friendlies.. with Italy the latest to want a crack at Gordon Strachan's

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-didnt-qualify-euro-2016-7228045#JY47fxoKcsd2Z1pL.99

any dates for the other friendlies? my work computer is blocking the d.r site