Great British Bake Off - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great British Bake Off

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never saw the attraction of it before but this series sat down and watched it one night because there was nothing else to watch - and became hopelessly hooked. Nadiya was a worthy winner.

You don't watch or listen to any BBC channels on TV, radio or online?

no, talksport if im listening to radio

download most of my tv programmes (mini series etc)

nae interest at all in the boat race or the c.untfest that is wimbledon

Edited by dan cake

I think there are some people being way too serious here. My 9 year old daughter loves it. my 7 year old son hates it. my wife likes it and I dont care for it TBH but i dont hold it against people if they do like it.

TV should be a mix of things in my eyes. a good sample of proper educational/ valuable programmes and less valuable/ pure escapism entertainment sh*t.

as long as the amount of decent programming is respectable against the amount of cra*p then fair enough. yes we have to all pay for it, but then the people who like great british bake off and strictly have to pay for the porgrammes that some on here would consider better telly, which they may think is sh*t.

I dont really care for TV snobbery TBH - though that doesn't stop me groaning everytime corrie or eastenders comes on. I like a good fishing programme but most eastenders watchers would probably object to paying for that.

the main thing is having an even balance. the problem i think most people on here have is that the balance seems fairly heavily in favour of the cheap, sh*tty reality stuff at the moment - and i guess i cant argue too much with that.

I think there are some people being way too serious here. My 9 year old daughter loves it. my 7 year old son hates it. my wife likes it and I dont care for it TBH but i dont hold it against people if they do like it.

TV should be a mix of things in my eyes. a good sample of proper educational/ valuable programmes and less valuable/ pure escapism entertainment sh*t.

as long as the amount of decent programming is respectable against the amount of cra*p then fair enough. yes we have to all pay for it, but then the people who like great british bake off and strictly have to pay for the porgrammes that some on here would consider better telly, which they may think is sh*t.

I dont really care for TV snobbery TBH - though that doesn't stop me groaning everytime corrie or eastenders comes on. I like a good fishing programme but most eastenders watchers would probably object to paying for that.

the main thing is having an even balance. the problem i think most people on here have is that the balance seems fairly heavily in favour of the cheap, sh*tty reality stuff at the moment - and i guess i cant argue too much with that.

It's the paying for something I don't want bit that annoys me - yes, there are ways round it these days but I can't be bothered with the hassle.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I think it's an interesting example of how television can use (almost) the lowest common denominator to hook people.

Reality TV is dumbing down at such a rate that in a couple of years some of Alan Partridge's legendary desperate off-the-cuff ideas for TV shows, like Monkey Tennis and Youth Hosteling With Chris Eubank, will no longer work as satire.