Bus From Faro To Stadium - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bus From Faro To Stadium

killie97

As far as I am aware there are NO buses arranged from Faro as yet. Not known if Gibraltar FA have any arrangements made for transport but as their fans will probably have arrived in coaches I doubt if they will take any responsibility for getting us there. . Ireland play there before us and will have a sizable support so all should become clear from that game. Certainly walking from Faro to stadium is not something I look forward to as that is at least a 2 hr walk (sober).

Situation could also be complicated as it is a Sunday in a very strong Catholic country.

• 3 weeks later...

get the train

Estádio Algarve is located about 8 kilometres north of the city of Faro, about halfway between Faro and Loulé.

The stadium has its own train station, Parque das Cidades, with service to Faro, Loulé and other regional destinations. About 10 trains a day run between Faro and Parque das Cidades. The journey takes about 6 minutes, the walk from the station to the stadium a further 15 minutes.

The stadium lies next to the A22 motorway which runs across the Algarve and links up with the A2 to Lisbon further west. From the A22 take exit 13 toward Faro. Merge onto the IC-4, and leave the IC-4 again at the first exit (after less than a kilometre).

Address: Estádio Algarve, Parque das Cidades, 8135-014 Almancil

get the train

Estádio Algarve is located about 8 kilometres north of the city of Faro, about halfway between Faro and Loulé.

The stadium has its own train station, Parque das Cidades, with service to Faro, Loulé and other regional destinations. About 10 trains a day run between Faro and Parque das Cidades. The journey takes about 6 minutes, the walk from the station to the stadium a further 15 minutes.

The stadium lies next to the A22 motorway which runs across the Algarve and links up with the A2 to Lisbon further west. From the A22 take exit 13 toward Faro. Merge onto the IC-4, and leave the IC-4 again at the first exit (after less than a kilometre).

Address: Estádio Algarve, Parque das Cidades, 8135-014 Almancil

Last train back about half time :wave:

Always nice to get back again as well though and an 8 k hike does not sound like fun!

I reckon there will be a fair few walking back from the game into Faro.

Not I. Managed to get on one of Scanners busses.

As you say, 8 clicks hike back at 22:00 dosent sound like fun to me.

Especially with my kilt and flip-flops on!

J

• 2 weeks later...