Harry Clarke - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harry Clarke

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had only read the early version of the story.

What constitutes "claims" he drove? Somebody saying they saw him drive?

Presuming he is guilty, what a tool! Not only does it show a complete lack of respect for the victims, but did he not think anyone would notice?

He will have been caught by the Polis. 'Claims' is in there because he hasn't actually been found guilty of the offence yet. There is no chance they would have charged him simply on the word of a member of the public, they would have needed some sort of evidence.

For what's it's worth I have zero respect for this guy and felt at the time he deserved to be punished. I need to drive LGV's as part of my job, and I wouldn't, under any circumstances drive them if I knew I had a condition that affected my ability to do it properly. It's of course a tragic event and Harry Clarke didn't set out to kill anyone but the fact is he knew fine well he was lying. Those procedures and exclusions are there for a reason. We all have families to feed, doesn't give us the right to start robbing banks does it?

I'm surprised this went under the radar in the first place. We need to see a doctor and make our medical records available to her before we can be signed off.

If he's been caught for driving whilst banned due to his medical condition, then i think it changes the whole complexion of what he done in relation to the bin lorry crash.

He's shown a blatant disregard for the wellbeing of his fellow citizens. Even after killing several people, he's prepared to put more lives in danger by doing the same thing again. .

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've got tremendous sympathy for the victims families but this was always going to be the outcome and you can't help but think that they've been badly advised - and possibly used - by their legal representatives, especially in this case, where their intention to seek a private prosecution effectively scuppered the inquiry.

• 2 months later...