Volkswagon Emmsion Scandal - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Volkswagon Emmsion Scandal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing is just a total scam. Oil companies had loads of diesel and didn't know what to do with it. They got together with car companies and governments to create a market for it. Loads of folk made loads of money out of it. If somebody follows the money they will find that this corruption goes right across the board. You can't carry out such a large scale scam as this without lots of folk knowing about it.

I'm reading a couple of articles that the ambulance chasers are already beginning to circle like vultures on this story. This will be the new PPI. You'll be getting phone calls asking if you've ever owned a VW.

And yes, I've got a VW group 2l TDi in my car.

I'm reading a couple of articles that the ambulance chasers are already beginning to circle like vultures on this story. This will be the new PPI. You'll be getting phone calls asking if you've ever owned a VW.

So have I :bouncy: , show me the money :-))

I had a 130 PD in my old Fabia - doubt it'll stretch to PD engines though... (cracking engine btw).

But surely the owners of the VW are safe as fumes don't get in the cab, it's the rest of us that have to suffer...wonder if I have a case :wtf:

Maybe they should be looking at the ignorance of the civil servant types who made up the flawed tests. Good engineering by VW to find a way to comply with the rules. They'll need to change the test rules now.

I have a 2 litre VW group diesel in my Q5. Perfectly happy with it although I'd rather have the 3 litre V6 diesel. Miss the superb V6 diesel in my semi-retired A4, silky smooth but a bit smoky first thing.

My Q5 has a system where you have to add something called Adblue to a tank and that gets mixed with the diesel. Something to do with controlling emissions so maybe my car is not actually affected.

I wonder if the Bugatti Veyron meets emission regs with its 1001bhp 12 cylinder petrol?

Looks like my old Mondeo Tdci to be precise.

I noticed on Newsnight the other day they gave the stats that NOx emissions from diesels make you a whole 1 per cent more likely to suffer a sudden death...

They reckon that the increase in NOX levels caused by this contributes to an extra 6000 premature deaths per year. I have nae idea how they manage to work that out.

Maybe they should be looking at the ignorance of the civil servant types who made up the flawed tests. Good engineering by VW to find a way to comply with the rules. They'll need to change the test rules now.

I have a 2 litre VW group diesel in my Q5. Perfectly happy with it although I'd rather have the 3 litre V6 diesel. Miss the superb V6 diesel in my semi-retired A4, silky smooth but a bit smoky first thing.

My Q5 has a system where you have to add something called Adblue to a tank and that gets mixed with the diesel. Something to do with controlling emissions so maybe my car is not actually affected.

I wonder if the Bugatti Veyron meets emission regs with its 1001bhp 12 cylinder petrol?

The busses at work take Ablu, they also run on red diesel.