Volkswagon Emmsion Scandal - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Volkswagon Emmsion Scandal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the feel of it being the tip of the iceberg.

Governance clearly lacking, will definitely not just be Volkswagen.

Just got a letter through the door from Audi to say mine requires a 'service action'. A few of their models affected by this, as well as Seat and Skoda.

Be interesting to see what repercussions there will be.

Just got a letter through the door from Audi to say mine requires a 'service action'. A few of their models affected by this, as well as Seat and Skoda.

Be interesting to see what repercussions there will be.

Got the same letter this morning (Audi A3 TDi) ?

Yes my letter was waiting too.

Passat CC.

Is compo part of the package?

Surely seeing as I'll no doubt need to drive it 120 miles and take a day off work to get it done?

Nothing official stated regarding compo. I would think that's inevitable though. I wonder how many people will become 'green' over night :)

My letter states that the recall will be done with minimum disruption and no cost to yourself. Might be a case for you to ask them to pick it up? I'm only 5 miles from my dealer thankfully.

Nothing official stated regarding compo. I would think that's inevitable though. I wonder how many people will become 'green' over night :)

My letter states that the recall will be done with minimum disruption and no cost to yourself. Might be a case for you to ask them to pick it up? I'm only 5 miles from my dealer thankfully.

Sounds the identical letter. To be honest I still love my motor but will take anything if they wish to cover my palms with silver. Will go towards Malta 16!

Sounds the identical letter. To be honest I still love my motor but will take anything if they wish to cover my palms with silver. Will go towards Malta 16!

Aye I'm the same, love the car. I've seen on other forums there is talk of re-mapping engines and the like. Not sure how much truth there is in that.

I assume you have the 2.0 engine?

Edited by Angus_Young

mmm, i think honest john is wrong. The SEAT website says mine is affected.

i think this is a big part of the problem - lots of different websites giving different info. I heard a VW spokesman saying they've stopped selling new cars with this 'defeat device' and they've stopped the sale of used cars with this device. How are they going to do that then? Crawl Autotrader, Ebay and Gumtree and tell folk they cant sell their 3/4/5 year old car? Aye right.

Aye I'm the same, love the car. I've seen on other forums there is talk of re-mapping engines and the like. Not sure how much truth there is in that.

I assume you have the 2.0 engine?

Black 2.0l with the tinted windaes....bat mobile.

Great motor and got it for a song due to a wifey getting a company car and a month later shifting to the other end of the country so just cut her loses.

mmm, i think honest john is wrong. The SEAT website says mine is affected.

i think this is a big part of the problem - lots of different websites giving different info. I heard a VW spokesman saying they've stopped selling new cars with this 'defeat device' and they've stopped the sale of used cars with this device. How are they going to do that then? Crawl Autotrader, Ebay and Gumtree and tell folk they cant sell their 3/4/5 year old car? Aye right.

Fair one. There is an official site for each manufacturer. This is yours m8 http://www.seat.co.uk/owners/diesel-engines/vin-number.html

Black 2.0l with the tinted windaes....bat mobile.

Great motor and got it for a song due to a wifey getting a company car and a month later shifting to the other end of the country so just cut her loses.

All round? Ever get any hassle with the Polis for that? Only reason I ask I've just inquired about getting mine done. Getting the dark tint on the rear windows but was going to go for the lightest tint on the front.

All round? Ever get any hassle with the Polis for that? Only reason I ask I've just inquired about getting mine done. Getting the dark tint on the rear windows but was going to go for the lightest tint on the front.

Just in back. No hassles thankfully, haven't even thought about the prospects of getting any.

nobody has answered if the recall is compulsory.

I bought my car for the combination of performance plus economy it delivers. Any 'fix' is going to reduce one of these IMO

I'll bet remap tuners are already aligning themselves to supply a 'put your car back the way it was' remap service.

Edited by Big Col

nobody has answered if the recall is compulsory.

I bought my car for the combination of performance plus economy it delivers. Any 'fix' is going to reduce one of these IMO

I'll bet remap tuners are already aligning themselves to supply a 'put your car back the way it was' remap service.

I'm pretty sure the recall isn't compulsory - according to a few knowledgable posters on the Briskoda forum anyway.