This Is England '90 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Is England '90

Been watching this since the film was released in 2006. It's always been excellent, but was a little disappointed with the first two episodes of '90. Just watched the third episode and it's the best hour of British drama I've watched in years. If you haven't seen these I'd advise it, but don't just jump into this series - it has to be watched from the film onwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_England

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching this since the film was released in 2006. It's always been excellent, but was a little disappointed with the first two episodes of '90. Just watched the third episode and it's the best hour of British drama I've watched in years. If you haven't seen these I'd advise it, but don't just jump into this series - it has to be watched from the film onwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_England

Yet to see Sunday night's episode, but I struggled with the first two as well - particularly the two characters with taches and highlights - not sure what purpose they serve as the comedy factor is zilch.

However, by all accounts episode three steps things up. Will catch up on it later today.

Meadows is a local lad. A lot of his characters in the original film are based on people with whom he grew up within the area. A small market town meant there was no secrets. Watch the first episode last night and struggled to get into it but he has a style that makes you persevere.

Edited by EddardStark

Meadows is a local lad. A lot of his characters in the original film are based on people with whom he grew up within the area. A small market town meant there was no secrets. Watch the first episode last night and struggled to get into it but he has a style that makes you persevere.

I didn't realise he was from Uttoxeter until I clocked a plaque noting this at or near the railway station (it was a few years ago so the exact location is a bit fuzzy...).

I didn't realise he was from Uttoxeter until I clocked a plaque noting this at or near the railway station (it was a few years ago so the exact location is a bit fuzzy...).

You should get down to the Midlands Grand National next March. They have done some brilliant development at the racecourse