This Is England '90 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Is England '90

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still to watch the last two episodes. I heard it has been left fairly open ended but Meadows insists there will be no more.

I agree with KF that the first two episodes of '90 were average - '86 and '88 were superb TV (and I'm a fan of the original film), but I struggled to maintain my interest in the first episode of '90 - episode two was an improvement on one, so I'm hopeful two and three up the game further.

Stephen Graham is brilliant, apart from his Billy Bremner, which I couldn't quite take seriously :lol: .

Edited by Charlie Endell

I've still to watch the last two episodes. I heard it has been left fairly open ended but Meadows insists there will be no more.

I agree with KF that the first two episodes of '90 were average - '86 and '88 were superb TV (and I'm a fan of the original film), but I struggled to maintain my interest in the first episode of '90 - episode two was an improvement on one, so I'm hopeful two and three up the game further.

Stephen Graham is brilliant, apart from his Billy Bremner, which I couldn't quite take seriously :lol: .

To be fair to Stephen Graham, they couldn't have made him look more ridiculous if they'd given him a bright green clown's wig!!

90 isn't as good as the others & the first couple of episodes look pretty out of place in terms of quality, but it comes good in the end.

I never fancied the original film at all at the time & never watched it the first couple of times it was on, but glad I had a rethink.

teecee- used to be a Midlands Grand National stalwart.

The White Hart in Uttox - easily the worst accommodation I've stayed in this side of Chisinau.

Like most of these Saturday " big races" overrun by non racing drunken Fannies.

Although Uttoxeter appears nice enough place.

think Stephen graham is a brilliant actor never seen the damned United will need tae gie it a watch

teecee- used to be a Midlands Grand National stalwart.

The White Hart in Uttox - easily the worst accommodation I've stayed in this side of Chisinau

Are you talking about the glorious Hotel National? The windows in my (12th floor I think) room were held in with gaffa tape.

Edited by Larky Masher

Enjoyed that.

Really picked up towards the end of the second episode and continued on. Some pretty powerful stuff from a few of them. Michael Socha (Harvey) and Joe Gilgun (Woody) are very good at what they do.

Interesting end, suppose it leaves things open if he ever did decide to do another.

Ive had to miss them all this time - going to do a watch all of them catch up. Joe Gilgun who plays Woody - in the previous series -some of the best acting Ive ever seen.

he's brilliant fae start to finish in the film really thought he was going to be a sinister character in the way he befriends shaun but totally the opposite great acting

• 2 weeks later...

I still dont really get why he freaked when he saw them, he says "i dont want to die" but surely he thought Milkys family intended on killing him?

Dont really see how it could be brought back, Lol and Woody are married, Kelly is back, Shaun has a burd (they could maybe do something with him and Smell but who really cares), Combo is dead (and even if he isnt where can the story really go from here) ??

I still dont really get why he freaked when he saw them, he says "i dont want to die" but surely he thought Milkys family intended on killing him?

Dont really see how it could be brought back, Lol and Woody are married, Kelly is back, Shaun has a burd (they could maybe do something with him and Smell but who really cares), Combo is dead (and even if he isnt where can the story really go from here) ??

IMHO Milkys folks were going to give him a severe kicking. The National Front guys were going to torture and kill him.

J

IMHO Milkys folks were going to give him a severe kicking. The National Front guys were going to torture and kill him.

J

Agree now it has been explained by a mate as follows

In the storyline, he obviously knew the 2 white guys, as he freaked out as soon as he seen them when the van doors opened.

Also, what was he saying/shouting when they were dragging him into the derelict building, and up the stairs, was it 'I don't want to die' or similar? Sounded like it to me, if so, the storyline was definitely meant to be he knew them and knew it was heavy, if that's what he was saying.

Agree now it has been explained by a mate as follows

In the storyline, he obviously knew the 2 white guys, as he freaked out as soon as he seen them when the van doors opened.

Also, what was he saying/shouting when they were dragging him into the derelict building, and up the stairs, was it 'I don't want to die' or similar? Sounded like it to me, if so, the storyline was definitely meant to be he knew them and knew it was heavy, if that's what he was saying.

Yip. I filled in the blanks in that he had had a falling out with the NF. Possibly grassed some out to show he was repentant and reduce his jail time. This resulted in Milkys family handing him over and therefore were able to deny that they killed him.

Felt bad for him in the end, as he did a noble thing taking the fall for Lols Dads murder and was truly repentant for Milkys attack.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Yip. I filled in the blanks in that he had had a falling out with the NF. Possibly grassed some out to show he was repentant and reduce his jail time. This resulted in Milkys family handing him over and therefore were able to deny that they killed him.

Felt bad for him in the end, as he did a noble thing taking the fall for Lols Dads murder and was truly repentant for Milkys attack.

J

Aye agree gripping stuff at the end !!