Beards - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I wonder who first thought it would be a good idea to take sharp implement to their face and neck in order to remove some hair? Maybe the same person who thought that women shouldn't have hairy oxters? The human race has invented some really weird customs.

I wonder who first thought it would be a good idea to take sharp implement to their face and neck in order to remove some hair? Maybe the same person who thought that women shouldn't have hairy oxters? The human race has invented some really weird customs.

Probably the same guy that discovered how to milk a cow.

Thing I don't get is why we have evolved to still having a beard. What the hell is its purpose other than going hipster?

I think it was on here, somebody compared Stephen Fletcher to a bearded & tattooed hipster barista working in Costa. Seriously LoLed at that thought because it is highly likely you have been served an Americano with a dash of milk by a Stephen Fletcher clone.

J

It's not normally, but I think the recent trend (last 12-18 months?) for every 2nd man to have one became a supposed fashion look started by the hipsters I believe.

More or less hipsters only seemed to appear in thst time too though. i had a beard before it was cool just because i liked it. People who dress/do their selves up because of fashion are idiots.