Pointless Or The Chase? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pointless Or The Chase?

Pointless, although don't mind The Chase. As it happens I've been in the same teams as 3 of the folk on The Chase at various events (Paul Sinha, Anne Hegarty and Shaun Wallace) and wasn't overly impressed with any of them in comparison with one or two of the folk in my pub quiz team, although Sinha, in particular, and Wallace were very nice people. My favourites are Eggheads (for which our team filmed an episode in March, hasn't been broadcast yet though) and Mastermind.

your pub quiz team I take it? Did you win?

Was talking to CJ at the Edinburgh festival. I know he divides opinion but he seemed a decent lad.

Anyway back on point it's The Chase for me due to the prize money they can win. The one where the guy got £60k on his own was superb TV

your pub quiz team I take it? Did you win?

Was talking to CJ at the Edinburgh festival. I know he divides opinion but he seemed a decent lad.

Anyway back on point it's The Chase for me due to the prize money they can win. The one where the guy got £60k on his own was superb TV

Yes, as I said not been broadcast yet (should be some time before Christmas), so won't say whether or not we won. CJ was fine with us, bit less approachable than the other Eggheads but perfectly pleasant. To be fair I had met most of them before at various quiz events.

Yes, as I said not been broadcast yet (should be some time before Christmas), so won't say whether or not we won. CJ was fine with us, bit less approachable than the other Eggheads but perfectly pleasant. To be fair I had met most of them before at various quiz events.

Aye, so what's the script with that? I take it there are national events that you go along to?

Aye, so what's the script with that? I take it there are national events that you go along to?

Various things. There is a monthly event at numerous venues across the UK called the Hot 100 (there's a website) which I go to in Edinburgh. Quite a few of the Eggheads and Chase folk do that. In addition there are 'Grand Prix' events about once a quarter, again I do the one in Edinburgh. There are also international tournaments and a Celtic Nations thing too. Anne Hegarty and Barry Simmons are both in the Scotland team, I've been in the Scotland B and C teams a number of times. In Edinburgh we are in the process of starting some College Bowl/University Challenge buzzer quizzes too, been operational in London, Cambridge, Oxford and Manchester for a while, very academic and seriously tough (much more so than University Challenge for example). Doesn't seem to be so much going on in Glasgow from what I can see.

Various things. There is a monthly event at numerous venues across the UK called the Hot 100 (there's a website) which I go to in Edinburgh. Quite a few of the Eggheads and Chase folk do that. In addition there are 'Grand Prix' events about once a quarter, again I do the one in Edinburgh. There are also international tournaments and a Celtic Nations thing too. Anne Hegarty and Barry Simmons are both in the Scotland team, I've been in the Scotland B and C teams a number of times. In Edinburgh we are in the process of starting some College Bowl/University Challenge buzzer quizzes too, been operational in London, Cambridge, Oxford and Manchester for a while, very academic and seriously tough (much more so than University Challenge for example). Doesn't seem to be so much going on in Glasgow from what I can see.

Fair play to you mate. I always wondered where the eggheads/chasers etc are plucked from. Decent prize money at these sort of things or do you just do it for the 'love' of it so to speak?

Fair play to you mate. I always wondered where the eggheads/chasers etc are plucked from. Decent prize money at these sort of things or do you just do it for the 'love' of it so to speak?

We were at the pub Quiz at Munro's in Glasgow and there was a girl in from eggheads trying to get folk to apply for it.

My mate won £21k on the chase, was him and another woman split £42k they only got 11 right in the first al chase and managed to get 5 or 6 pushbacks.