Kilts - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilts

Slide tackle

Cant remember where i saw it but while online i found this article about the tartan army and kilts. It was a survey asking how many people wore kilts to friendlies compared to qualifiers and it showed almost half the people that go to qualifiers wearing kilts wear jeans to friendlies (or do not go at all). Personally I wear my kilt to all games but what about you guys? Kilts or jeans? Or does it depend on the game

Cant remember where i saw it but while online i found this article about the tartan army and kilts. It was a survey asking how many people wore kilts to friendlies compared to qualifiers and it showed almost half the people that go to qualifiers wearing kilts wear jeans to friendlies (or do not go at all). Personally I wear my kilt to all games but what about you guys? Kilts or jeans? Or does it depend on the game

That could be the most dull piece of 'research' on the internet.

Timbies. Wearing trainers with a kilt is sheer khuntbaggery off the highest order

I've noticed that the only lads I see with trainers are Weegies. Usually accompanied with one of those tartan skirts from Lidl or a stall at the Barras.

I've noticed that the only lads I see with trainers are Weegies. Usually accompanied with one of those tartan skirts from Lidl or a stall at the Barras.

Excuse me ya jobby. This weegie wears a semi decent kilt with his adidas hi-tops thank you very much. I jst CBA wearing boots especially when its warmer and also they are a pain in the ass to take off going through security.

Very superstitious soul that I am, wore converse with my kilt to Croatia match, then england friendly at Wembley, then all games since and seem to be on a bit of a streak.

Granted not won every game, particularly both the England friendlies, so I don't have a 100% record with my lucky converse but the atmosphere in London coupled with the night time frivoloties after in the hostel I stayed in mean I'll continue to wear them for luck, (touch wood)!

this despite the grief I got from some elite members after the Ireland game

Edited by Geeman

Very superstitious soul that I am, wore converse with my kilt to Croatia match, then england friendly at Wembley, then all games since and seem to be on a bit of a streak.

Granted not won every game, particularly both the England friendlies, so I don't have a 100% record with my lucky converse but the atmosphere in London coupled with the night time frivoloties after in the hostel I stayed in mean I'll continue to wear them for luck, (touch wood)!

this despite the grief I got from some elite members after the Ireland game

You're just boasting that you got yer hole at an away game :ok: