Where's Good For A Bevvy After The Qatar Game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where's Good For A Bevvy After The Qatar Game

jcs

Me n the Mrs gonna come through n Stay the night last time after the oz game at hibs ground it was straight home for work the next day but thinkin of staying the night this time round

If anyone's wanting something decent to eat before the game then the Persevere at the bottom of Easter Road is the place to go. The best pub food within miles, far far better than all that processed, ten-a-penny frozen, dry as a nuns crack pish all these Whetherspoons try and palm folk off with

If anyone's wanting something decent to eat before the game then the Persevere at the bottom of Easter Road is the place to go. The best pub food within miles, far far better than all that processed, ten-a-penny frozen, dry as a nuns crack pish all these Whetherspoons try and palm folk off with

Sounds good. :ok:

I drink in the Harp & Castle on Leith Walk before & after Hibs games.

Opposite is an Italian called La Favorita, which is excellent.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-d951521-Reviews-La_Favorita_Restaurant_Leith_Walk-Edinburgh_Scotland.html

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Persevere is a great traditional-style bar and well worth a visit. The Percy is next door (but part of the pub) and operates as a dining area for the bar. Both good for before the game. Also, as Eastiebeastie says, the Mash Tun (on the way to Easter Rd from Persevere) is also good.

While the Cafe Royal is a nice setting, it's often full on a Friday night of pretentious finance workers furiously networking and trying to sha-g 'Donna' from compliance.

Guildford Arms (next door) is the place to go. Again, a traditional bar, more full of real people (and 'home' to some TA guys). When it closes, you can then head to the Voodoo Rooms (above the Cafe Royal).

Either way, it's three bars in one building and you won't meet any wee neds in any of them. And there's night busses and a taxi rank next to the Balmoral.

Is Robbies on Leith Walk still there. That used to be a cracking bar.

Also the Windsor on the Walk.

If I was to come up for it, I'd be heading to my old haunt - The Black Bull on Leith Street.

Cask and Barrel and Barony Bar on Broughton Street are good boozers.

If I was to come up for it, I'd be heading to my old haunt - The Black Bull on Leith Street.

Another great haunt - full of friendly oddballs and eccentrics. And a great juke box. Plus, it comes with the bonus of you being able to come out the door at 1am, tumble down the steps and roll down the pavement to the door of Pivo, where you can carry on drinking until 3am.

Cask and the Barony are also great drinking dens, as are Cumberland Bar and Star Bar.

We had a cracking night in there prior to flying out to Paris for the "Faddy" game. Very happy memories.

Persevere is a great traditional-style bar and well worth a visit. The Percy is next door (but part of the pub) and operates as a dining area for the bar. Both good for before the game. Also, as Eastiebeastie says, the Mash Tun (on the way to Easter Rd from Persevere) is also good.

While the Cafe Royal is a nice setting, it's often full on a Friday night of pretentious finance workers furiously networking and trying to sha-g 'Donna' from compliance.

Guildford Arms (next door) is the place to go. Again, a traditional bar, more full of real people (and 'home' to some TA guys). When it closes, you can then head to the Voodoo Rooms (above the Cafe Royal).

Either way, it's three bars in one building and you won't meet any wee neds in any of them. And there's night busses and a taxi rank next to the Balmoral.

I think The Voodoo Rooms is the best bar of the three.

still there and by far the best "boozer" on leith walk, great beer and traditional decor. would avoid the harp and castle personally, nothing appealing about it IMHO, full of dodgers, one of the last death pubs on leith walk now the volleys gone. the Alhambra and the windsor are both also good and the mash tun is the best bar next to easter road, although there's the regent at abbeyhill ;-) Vittorias and la favourita are good shouts for food but if you can get a table (the place is tiny) Origano serve the best pizzas in edinburgh