Where's Good For A Bevvy After The Qatar Game - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where's Good For A Bevvy After The Qatar Game

jcs

Mash Tun the best bet close to ground. Plenty good boozers doon "The Shore" also but a wee 20 min walk to ground. Cameo, Carriers, Constitution and of course Edinburghs no 1 alternative tourist attraction = The Port o Leith !

Is Leith no supposed to be where all the hookers hang out?

Leith is a large part of edinburgh, probably has about 50k people living in it, there are probably still hookers down on salamander street at night and that is about it, its certainly nothing like Aberdeen harbour, sorry ;-)

Speaking as someone who used to stay in Leith for six years until recently would say the following:

Persevere - Avoid like the plague. Can't believe someone recommended to go here! Full of Leith neds and serious dodgers, have even seen doorman on in the daytime when it is sunny and the zoomers come out drinking.

Harp and Castle - Great pub and certainly not full of dodgers, seriously some very random posts on this thread! Has a pool table, pub scran and Sky Sports along with decent staff and dodgy karaoke on later in the evening.

Robbies - Alright enough but a bit like sitting in your gran's living room such is the old décor and smell of stale pish from old people.

Black Bull - Cracking boozer and well worth a visit.

Mash Tun - Best out the lot, great real ales, brilliant food and friendly service.

For those of you who want to experience real local Leith boozers I would recommend Central Bar at the bottom of Leith Walk, Spey Lounge, Port O' Leith, Tam O' Shanters, The Duke's Head and The Marksman. The last one it's not uncommon to find people lying outside jaked by 10am.

I've lived in a lot of places and Leith really is a character place and somewhere you have to experience for a drink. Just don't be surprised to be offered a leg of lamb, some deodorant, packets of steak or aftershave whilst drinking in some of the more local establishments. It's certainly much better than s*itholes like Gorgie that's for sure.

Speaking as someone who used to stay in Leith for six years until recently would say the following:

Persevere - Avoid like the plague. Can't believe someone recommended to go here! Full of Leith neds and serious dodgers, have even seen doorman on in the daytime when it is sunny and the zoomers come out drinking.

Harp and Castle - Great pub and certainly not full of dodgers, seriously some very random posts on this thread! Has a pool table, pub scran and Sky Sports along with decent staff and dodgy karaoke on later in the evening.

Robbies - Alright enough but a bit like sitting in your gran's living room such is the old décor and smell of stale pish from old people.

Black Bull - Cracking boozer and well worth a visit.

Mash Tun - Best out the lot, great real ales, brilliant food and friendly service.

For those of you who want to experience real local Leith boozers I would recommend Central Bar at the bottom of Leith Walk, Spey Lounge, Port O' Leith, Tam O' Shanters, The Duke's Head and The Marksman. The last one it's not uncommon to find people lying outside jaked by 10am.

I've lived in a lot of places and Leith really is a character place and somewhere you have to experience for a drink. Just don't be surprised to be offered a leg of lamb, some deodorant, packets of steak or aftershave whilst drinking in some of the more local establishments. It's certainly much better than s*itholes like Gorgie that's for sure.

not been to the perse in about 10 years but it had a good amount of sketchers in it then mate of mine worked there for 2 months till one of the regulars grabbed him by his balls in the bogs and told him he was in for a kicking for slagging him back jovially.

stand by my comments about the harp and castle, i walk past it at least twice a day and the calber of people outside smoking is rather low. hope it gets turned into a waitrose or a cereal cafe. Add some more value to my flat ;-)