The Most Gutted At A Result.. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Most Gutted At A Result..

scotsgary1

They had a goal wrongly disallowed and ours was marginally offside.

You're right though about that decision but we should have defended the free kick and in the end the goal didn't matter in terms of qualifying.

Yes your right ,remember now .Forgotten about their goal.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drawing 2-2 with 10-man Belgium is the worst I've ever felt after a match.

Am I not right in thinking the boy that got sent off actually took so long to get off the pitch that Dodds had actually scored before he left the pitch???

England 99 without a doubt. Bossed them in both games. Went to sleep at the back twice and it cost us the tie.

I was actually a lot more gutted after the Hampden game. Was very proud of the lads after Wembley. Just about every england fan I spoke to in the aftermath admitted the better team was staying at home.

England 99 without a doubt. Bossed them in both games. Went to sleep at the back twice and it cost us the tie.

I was actually a lot more gutted after the Hampden game. Was very proud of the lads after Wembley. Just about every england fan I spoke to in the aftermath admitted the better team was staying at home.

We'd have gone through if Albertz hadn't jumped on Lamberts face the week before.

We'd have gone through if Albertz hadn't jumped on Lamberts face the week before.

Not wishing to take the thread off track, but I've always thought that Albertz was at fault for that too. Everyone else I've ever spoken to about it, including conversations on here, says it was Lambert's fault :blink:

Edited by redstevie007

Lambert's sickening head butt you mean? Scandal that he wasn't sent off for that :)

In all seriousness he was a huge loss. That said am I not right in thinking that was the reason ferguson started? Still ranks as one of the best midfield performances I've seen from a Scotland player that night at Wembley.

Colin Hendry exposed as lumbering ox by Scholes

Never bought into that brave heart stuff always thought he was cumbersome at the back

Against Peru in '78.was only14 and fighting back the tears. Was young and naive thought we were going to win the World Cup!

Yip, it was 1 week to the day before my 10th birthday and I thought we just had to turn up to win.

They had a goal wrongly disallowed and ours was marginally offside.

You're right though about that decision but we should have defended the free kick and in the end the goal didn't matter in terms of qualifying.

If I remember right a draw would have done us if Ukraine went on to beat France, France won anyway.

The draw against Czech was probably the worst I've felt after a game. Struggled to speak. And losing away to Bales a couple of years ago. And of course, the Italy disgrace goes without saying. I've experienced so many varying levels of despair over the years!

Will live with me to the day I die, leaving St. Etienne 1998 !

Not so much being knocked out the World Cup, but the niavity of me for thinking that Tokyo would be a given ;(

Singing Tokyo, Tokyo - we're the famous Tartan Army and we're off to Tokyo as we flooded out of stadium

18 months on & Craigy Broon takes us to Brussels in a do or die game against Belgium !

Hopes were high, singing 'Hey Baby' for what felt like most of the first half only for us to lose out in the end ;(

And then knowing another 4years would have to wait

Not afraid to say that I shed a tear leaving that evening ;((

Will live with me to the day I die, leaving St. Etienne 1998 !

Not so much being knocked out the World Cup, but the niavity of me for thinking that Tokyo would be a given ;(

Singing Tokyo, Tokyo - we're the famous Tartan Army and we're off to Tokyo as we flooded out of stadium

18 months on & Craigy Broon takes us to Brussels in a do or die game against Belgium !

Hopes were high, singing 'Hey Baby' for what felt like most of the first half only for us to lose out in the end ;(

And then knowing another 4years would have to wait

Not afraid to say that I shed a tear leaving that evening ;((

Agree with every word. Absolutely the most gutted I have ever felt at any Scotland game, being knocked out the World Cup by Morocco and having to head home the next day, instead of heading south to Marseille for a second round tie.

Going out of Euro 96 on goal difference thanks to that late consolation goal as well was also a sickener.

Italy 2007 by a considerable margin. I remember when the group was drawn turning the telly off in disgust at how ridiculously difficult the group was. To then be in with a shout of qualifying from a group that contained the 2 previous World Cup finalists and a quarter finalist was amazing. I've never been so excited, nervous, anxious or terrified before a game prior to that or since. The game was on the back of mind from about 2 weeks out. 1 week out I could barely think of anything else and 2 days out it was all I could think about as I walked about in a daze counting down the hours/minutes. I mind being in a pub on the Friday night when the song Impossible Dream came on and I near burst out greeting as I thought the lyrics were so relevant to us!

As we geared up for the game on Saturday morning I was convinced we were going to do it. When we equalised I was practically delirious and then when Faddy missed that chance the fear slowy started to creep back in and by the time the final whistle went, well I still can't describe it. Every time I think about Faddy's chance I still find my self doing the old head bob forward trying to help the ball in to the net and we're coming up on 8 years later. I still get a sinking feeling in my stomach thinking of that game and goosebumps at the reception the players got at the end.

When I'm asked what's the best atmosphere I've been in, my answer is the same as most gutted result and its also Italy 2007.

Was in single digits during 1996 and only just in double digits by 1998 so gutted but didn't really hit home.

Will never forget the noise when we equalised and "doe a deer" circulating the stadium over and over and over again. Tears were shed at the final whistle and en route to mount florida. Missed work the next day funnily enough too...

South Korea v Uruguay in Italia 90.

Drawing 0 0 with 5 mins injury time played and Forseca scores with the very last touch to send Uruguay thru at our expense.

We would have been in a coin toss with Austria for place in last 16 had the ref blew for ft 5 secs earlier.

Was 17 at the time and have never ever felt worse.

Edited by Eastiebeastie

98 morocco game, shouldnt have hurt so bad as it would have been even worse if we won, we were just shite though, horrendous watching it, leighton palming the ball and falling into the net summed it up.

1999, 2 goals down at half time after all the build up was the pits, cant remember much about the game now, dodds hitting the bar and gallacher going through straight after they scored and hitting it straight at seaman. then the second leg after giving them a pounding dailly "got too much of a good contact" with his header and we are out

2001 Belgium game, just felt angry really angry

Italy game was gutting but we didnt deserve to win that game if you properly evaluate it, and a draw was never going to be enough anyway

Czech rep game another sickner, totally robbed by that ref.

serbia home game, knew we were out then already, actually the draw with lithuania away for the euros before when we actually played for a flipping draw ! shambles

so many i could go on and on.

1999 was the worst though then Belgium.

Edited by LewisEDI