The Most Gutted At A Result.. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Most Gutted At A Result..

scotsgary1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6-0 defeat to Holland in 2004 was a watershed for me,genuinely thought we were gonna qualify after the 1-0 first leg win.

Italy 2007 was gutting...but not as bad as I was immensely proud of the performance, was ashamed after Holland.

Still haven't seen us at a major tournament yet.

forgot about that, thanks haha. i knew we were in for a doing then, that dutch team had some great players.

me neither, its france or maybe never for me, as i dont fancy russia and qatar can get tae france even if i was offered free flights and digs, awful place (and yes i have been there)

I still cant believe the next euros are going to be spread out, absolute joke i cant believe more isnt being said about that. woooow you get to go on club style away trips, how innovative, imagine how ace a couple of weeks in spain or germany or italy would be. actually dont even care if we qualify for it.

Edited by LewisEDI

forgot about that, thanks haha. i knew we were in for a doing then, that dutch team had some great players.

me neither, its france or maybe never for me, as i dont fancy russia and qatar can get tae france even if i was offered free flights and digs, awful place (and yes i have been there)

I still cant believe the next euros are going to be spread out, absolute joke i cant believe more isnt being said about that. woooow you get to go on club style away trips, how innovative, imagine how ace a couple of weeks in spain or germany or italy would be. actually dont even care if we qualify for it.

Aye it's a major worry for me too.

Turned down France 98 as I didn't 'fancy' France and would go to the next one...ones!!

I fear I may die without seeing us at a Major Finals.

Unthinkable in 1998.

Turned down France 98 as I didn't 'fancy' France and would go to the next one...ones!!

Unthinkable in 1998.

i was 16 in 98 so had school at the time, I can remember me and my mates all talking about going to holland and belgium like it was our god given right.

i've been dreaming of a trip with my mates for a tournament since then, 95% of my mates are aberdeen fans as i lived there for 10 years so its not often i get to support a team with them. (i support hibs) couldnt think of anything better but im 33 now so times running out for a "boys trip"

Unthinkable in 1998.

How old are you 80 ??

Unless you are going in the next 16 months you will see us at a major tournament.

So your fear should be forgotten

Haha 40! It could happen though,still.

Yes could happen but doubt that very much.

As you know football is goes around and its now our turn.

This tournament then build for world cup cant see why not can you ? got the players and the management team in place already mate.

Yes could happen but doubt that very much.

As you know football is goes around and its now our turn.

This tournament then build for world cup cant see why not can you ? got the players and the management team in place already mate.

I can understand your logic here, but I'm a fully grown adult with a car and a job, and I was a toddler the last time we qualified (I was probably too ingrained in postman pat to watch much football) and I haven't seen us qualify yet.

I understandibly share his pessimism, the idea of Scotland actually qualifying seems a far flung dream when I've been through so many failed qualifying campaigns.

We all knew they had better players, but that Dutch team wasn't ''special'' they were much better than us, but having managed only a 2-1 defeat away to Germany months earlier (fancied this scoreline to qualify) and an underdog situation that seemed to suit us (glad to see the back of the faroes) everyone around me seemed to think we had a chance after the first leg clean sheet.

I always thought Rab Douglas was a not-too-bad keeper, until I saw a photo in the paper the day after that game of him coming out for a cross for one of their early goals and trying to catch the ball with his eyes closed.

A devastating first half hour, meaning we then had to sit there for the rest of the game knowing we had blown it and we were out :-(

I always thought Rab Douglas was a not-too-bad keeper, until I saw a photo in the paper the day after that game of him coming out for a cross for one of their early goals and trying to catch the ball with his eyes closed.

A devastating first half hour, meaning we then had to sit there for the rest of the game knowing we had blown it and we were out :-(

Did he not have his eyes closed at something like 4 out of the 6 goals?!