The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 28 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

I always thought the rule was that whoever has the biggest vehicle, and the least likely to come off worse in a crash situation, goes first. Fiat 500s should be very careful about trying to bully 20 tonne artics. And if you drive a white van you always have right of way, anywhere at any time. 

Sometimes common sense is better than the highway code.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's not really difficult to wave your hand and acknowledge that they've stopped for you though, is it? 

You love a moan about cars eh? I'm sure you've got previous for this on here. Something about people sitting with their foot on the brake rather than engaging the handbrake and giving you a headache in the process :lol: 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Hands should not leave the steering wheel unless absolutely necessary. 

Folk who don't acknowledge for things like that are bawbags, I hold them in complete contempt. 

Edited by they've_been_suckered
Poor spelling

6 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

You love a moan about cars eh?

I wasn't moaning. I was agreeing with someone else who was moaning ;)

I'm sure you've got previous for this on here. Something about people sitting with their foot on the brake rather than engaging the handbrake and giving you a headache in the process :lol: 

Correct. Shite drivers annoy me. Folk who sit with their foot on the brake in traffic jams are shite drivers. In winter time, the glare off brake lights is pretty bad and gives me a headache when stuck behind a moron in a traffic jam. 

Folk who don't acknowledge for things like that are bawbags, I hold them in complete contempt. 

So you're agreeing with me? :lol: 

17 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

You love a moan about cars eh? I'm sure you've got previous for this on here. Something about people sitting with their foot on the brake rather than engaging the handbrake and giving you a headache in the process :lol:

That was me. Don't see what's funny about it though. But, hey-ho!

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I wasn't moaning. I was agreeing with someone else who was moaning ;)

Correct. Shite drivers annoy me. Folk who sit with their foot on the brake in traffic jams are shite drivers. In winter time, the glare off brake lights is pretty bad and gives me a headache when stuck behind a moron in a traffic jam. 

So you're agreeing with me? :lol: 

From what I hear, you're a tailgater... I find that annoying. :spin:

1 hour ago, Flure said:

That was me. Don't see what's funny about it though. But, hey-ho!

It's a very specific gripe, that's what tickled me. 

2 hours ago, they've_been_suckered said:

I'm a bawbag for not acknowledging that someone hasn't driven on the wrong side of the road and potentially hit my motor?

Nae bother :ok:

1 hour ago, phart said:

getting a headache off brake lights is an unfortunate weakness to have. Have you tried not looking?

Don't look at the car in front? How else will they know when the traffic is moving? 

Got to admit "not looking" straight ahead is unusual driving advice. 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Don't look at the car in front? How else will they know when the traffic is moving? 

You should be looking at the traffic lights not the brake lights. Oh aye, they are going to be red as well right enough. Nae luck. You could just have a wee kip for a few seconds. The car behind will let you know when the traffic starts moving.

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

my recollection was sitting at traffic lights, will go back into the thread to see if the goalposts have been moved on me. BRB

Also my advice was to not look, nothing about straight ahead etc.

I guess if you're determined to make a point making stuff up in the short-term will make it stronger, but it sort of falls apart when everything is written down and available to both sides of the argument. ;)

Edited by phart

On 27/10/2014 at 10:05 PM, Grim Jim said:

Dicks that sit at the lights at night with their foot on the brake.

On 27/10/2014 at 11:05 PM, Ally Bongo said:

How is this annoying ? The alternative putting it in neutral and applying the handbrake meaning a slower getaway with the effect of one less car getting through that red light ? Thats more annoying !

Ive got an automatic which is why i sit at the lights with my foot on the brake

On 28/10/2014 at 7:59 AM, Parklife said:
On 27/10/2014 at 11:05 PM, Ally Bongo said:

How is this annoying ? The alternative putting it in neutral and applying the handbrake meaning a slower getaway with the effect of one less car getting through that red light ? Thats more annoying !

Ive got an automatic which is why i sit at the lights with my foot on the brake

It's annoying because the brightness of the brake light gives me a sore head.

Nah my memory is fine.