What I Drunkenly Learnt Tonight - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What I Drunkenly Learnt Tonight

When people have glowsticks at a party,don't puncture holes in them and try to place the liquid in your mouth to make it glow.

It doesn't work.

And really burns your mouth.

Anyone else learn anything interesting tonight??

Yup it's horrible.

There are different types of glow sticks but they all use chemical reactions to produce light. They are supposed to be safe because children can't get to the chemicals that are inside. Clearly, they are not idiot proof. :wink2: A lot of them use a reaction of hydrogen peroxide with an ester to produce phenol and energy. This extra energy then causes a fluorescent dye to light up. These chemicals are quite nasty but wont kill you immediately. You probably have at least 3 or 4 days left.

Don't tell your girlfirend you are going for a couple of beers in the afternoon and then come home at 1am completely steaming having not been in contact cause your phones been dead since 5pm. Doesn't lead to a happy Sunday.

What's wrong with that? I've spent my life doing it. At least you had the decency to appear at 1am.

Don't tell your girlfirend you are going for a couple of beers in the afternoon and then come home at 1am completely steaming having not been in contact cause your phones been dead since 5pm. Doesn't lead to a happy Sunday.

What's wrong with that? I've spent my life doing it. At least you had the decency to appear at 1am.

A sub-12 hour absence? Is this just a new relationship?

I assure you both that after one Stroh & Apfelsaft (as that's how it's meant to be drunk), you'll be thinking the Fuhrer wasn't that bad and that Fritzel was just a father who loved too much.

If either of you are ever in Aberdeen i'll buy you one as a treat.

I assure you both that after one Stroh & Apfelsaft (as that's how it's meant to be drunk), you'll be thinking the Fuhrer wasn't that bad and that Fritzel was just a father who loved too much.

If either of you are ever in Aberdeen i'll buy you one as a treat.

That stuff is awful