Banks - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Were there any of the banks who didn't warn us about the dangers of Independence ?

I thought ASB but since heard they are a member of some group which was warning us.

title should be views ON Independence

big feckin fingers

Edited by KTA

Not sure but its going to be interesting when big business including the banks starts to voice an opinion on remaining in the EU.

They won't. Westminster has already said that business should stay out of the referendum debate.

Not sure but its going to be interesting when big business including the banks starts to voice an opinion on remaining in the EU.

Big business will obviously want to remain in the EU.

But don't forget, so do the Tories and Labour. The government and big business are on the same side.

Not sure i recall any bank warning us against independence. I know for a fact the one I work for didn't.

What I do remember clearly, was the BBC taking harmless comments made by bank and twisting them into something that sounded like a warning.

Business is insistant on remaining in the EU. The establishment fears the EU as they cannot control it. Business knows it needs access to the markets and finance that the EU delivers.

Politicans will do what ever it takes to keep/get them in power.

We have a real dilemma, what the establishment really wants is nothing to happen, as then they can continue to transfer our wealth into their pockets.

Some in the establishment perceve the EU as a threat to this transfer of monies, others in the establishment see the EU as a mechanism for allowing this transfer. Its really down to the establishment not having a coherent voice on the issue. I suspect that when it comes down to it, the financial industry will flex its mucles and the rest will fall into line (Politicians, media) and the in/out vote will not go ahead.

J

Not sure i recall any bank warning us against independence. I know for a fact the one I work for didn't.

What I do remember clearly, was the BBC taking harmless comments made by bank and twisting them into something that sounded like a warning.

it was only the moving stuff to london that the banks confirmed. but this was shown to be only their registered offices so that they could get BoE protection. Standard life was one of the worst offenders of the scaremongering. they do it every time.