Expected Attendance? - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Expected Attendance?

Angusfifer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFA also said that Georgia was gonna be around 45k and were way out with that. The only reason the attendance might seem higher is because they had to give away 10k tickets, the lack of promotion to sell tickets speaks volumes as the SFA know they've cocked up on the pricing.

If you look at the online stadium plan, looks like almost everything except the top tier which hasn't went on sale bar a wee bit near the east stand has sold. Should be around 40,000 tomorrow! Just hoping for a good atmosphere and result

Remember though - they announced the Ni game as 28,000 and that was near empty compared to yesterday!!!

Seems its the OF trick of including every ticket possible ?

Remember though - they announced the Ni game as 28,000 and that was near empty compared to yesterday!!!

Seems its the OF trick of including every ticket possible ?

I appreciate that they might count season tickets whether they were there or not in the attendance but why would anyone want to overstate the attendance? I have never understood why.

I used to go to Celtic games in the 80's with a a few mates and the stadium was very busy, Jungle heaving, probably 35-45,000 there at times. We had a standing joke where we would look around the ground and say "26,000?" and it was amazing how often 26,000 was given as the attendance. I am sure it probably made some financial sense, somewhere, to understate your crowd but overstating, don't get it.

I was told back at the time that Celtic used to understate the crowd as a tax dodge, more readies for the biscuit tin.

The only reason I see for overstating the crowd is oneupmanship with Rangers. With that in mind I've no idea why the SFA are doing it too?...

I was told back at the time that Celtic used to understate the crowd as a tax dodge, more readies for the biscuit tin.

The only reason I see for overstating the crowd is oneupmanship with Rangers. With that in mind I've no idea why the SFA are doing it too?...

Yep, thats the story I had heard too but not really sure of teams paid tax on crowd attendance?!

I presume you can get more advertising revenue.

If 40000 see your product you could prob charge more than if 20000 see it.

Thats the only reason i can think of.

A lot of advertising yesterday was Vauxhall; , so maybe the overall pot is divided pro rata.,...