Gibraltar Attendance - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar Attendance

Redondo

No way this will sell out unless they reduce the prices, which they could do and give ST holders the difference back (ie, if paid equivalent of £40 and tickets are reduced to £25, give them £15 back). It's a Sunday night kick off so it going to ask a lot for people from places like Aberdeen and Inverness to take time off work etc and pay travel costs then pay £42 (or £45 if not a SSC member) to watch us play a pub team. Right now, I ain't going.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres plenty of things that can be done for this game to get a crowd in aswell as looking after the season ticket holders.Just for this game then they can go back to fleecing us for the german game in september. :blink:

Will people honestly pay on average £40 a brief to watch us (hopefully) run over a glorified pub team?

Seriously doubt it. We will be doing well to get over 30,000 for this one.

Absolutely no chance there will be less than 30k. After Friday's result I'll confidently predict 40k +.

If they have any sense at all they should put the tickets up for sale from tomorrow and reap the benefits of the feel good factor.

Edited by Hendricks

No way this will sell out unless they reduce the prices, which they could do and give ST holders the difference back (ie, if paid equivalent of £40 and tickets are reduced to £25, give them £15 back). It's a Sunday night kick off so it going to ask a lot for people from places like Aberdeen and Inverness to take time off work etc and pay travel costs then pay £42 (or £45 if not a SSC member) to watch us play a pub team. Right now, I ain't going.

There a lot of church folk in places like Aberdeen and Inverness?

They will not offer any money back that they already have taken in, and will not lower the prices.

Very best offer I can see is a reduced rate for a friendly match that is added on to the Gibraltar game (more and more talk that the free date in March will be a home game), but if its against a half decent opponent, then still expect to pay £35+ for that!

I reckon it will sell out too. The team deserve our support.

Lets pump them :D

Our supporters club bus is already got more people booked onto it for the Gibraltar game than it does for tomorrow night

think it will be over the georgia attendance anyway, especially with it being the first at Hampden for a while

It's Scotland you are there to watch not Gibraltar !!!

Don't get the attitude of some. We have made a tremendous start to the campaign and it should be great to see the team playing with the verve we are showing and scoring a few goals.

While I agree to an extent, one of Regan's justifications for the price hike this time was the calibre of opposition we were facing. Blatantly that doesn't apply here. The pricing policy should be similar to previous matches v Pot 6 minnows...

Not arguing that Regan isn't an absolute chancer or even that the SFA aren't taking the proverbial but think of it this way. The game is 19 weeks away. If as some are saying it's literally because they can't afford it or feel it's too much save £2 a week and a £40 ticket is virtually paid for. plenty people who said they weren't going will change their minds about this game as it gets closer.

Nothing would stop the SFA sticking tickets on Groupon or the like - will depend how sales are going I guess.

Personally I'll go for the pub option as I did for Georgia, was actually quite enjoyable and far better value for money. If reduced ticket prices materialise I might be tempted by that, but at the moment happy to have been to the Ireland game and will go to both Germany and Poland at home. England game however will be from the comfort of the living room.

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Very best offer I can see is a reduced rate for a friendly match that is added on to the Gibraltar game (more and more talk that the free date in March will be a home game), but if its against a half decent opponent, then still expect to pay £35+ for that!

Northern Ireland is what I've heard. Can see them doing a 2 mach package for £50 for the Gibraltar & NI (if that's who it is) games & giving ST holders the NI game for £10-£15 :ok:

Northern Ireland is what I've heard. Can see them doing a 2 mach package for £50 for the Gibraltar & NI (if that's who it is) games & giving ST holders the NI game for £10-£15 :ok:

I would be happy with that :ok:

Northern Ireland does seem to be coming up a lot just now (folk mentioning Belfast in June, but Windsor Park is cut to 10k at the moment and will not be ready in time)

Suppose we have played Austria away from home twice in a similar time span since we last played Northern Ireland at home.

£50 for 2 matches would be a lot easier to sell that £40 for a match with potentially one of the worst teams in the world. I'd prefer a different team from NI but at least if we played an experimental side then a 6-0 skelping is less likely v NI than a stronger nation!!

Hope we are not playing them again, and by that I mean ever again, bunch of bunny rabbits

Its more the actual offer part I like, but agree, would prefer someone else than N. Ireland based on the last home game and experiences in Dublin at the Celtic Cup.

Problem is that many folk I spoke to in both Poland and Germany were not going to the home games as a form of protest. The attendance at Ibrox proved that. Loyal fans are missing out on games like Fridays and like many others I think that we have a wee chance of doing something in the hardest group of the competition. I feel for them.