Another Chance To Boo Gstq. - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Another Chance To Boo Gstq.

Robroysboy

Any other reason to attend the NI match ?

Struggling TBH, will there a be significant reduction in ticket prices ?

Lets hope so.

I expect it to be a better test than the carling cup game where NI feilded a weakened team.

I think NI are on a decent run so should be a good test / warm up for gibraltar.

Also cant imagine NI will be charging a large fee.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many so called "Ulster-Scots" and members of the Glasgow England Supporters Club will use this game as an excuse for a sash bash in light of the referendum result ?

Did we not have all this pre- the Ireland game and, generally, hee-haw happened.

I didn't personally hear the engerland fans mention it once tbh.

So hopefully wont be an issue.

However i do acknowledge that george square post referendum was full of these undesirables.

Will be even sweeter when scotland does gain its independance.

Albs gu brath

Edited by Robroysboy

Booing another country's national anthem, whatever it is, is shameful. I HATE it when others boo ours so I won't boo anyone elses. It's a matter of respect.

Aye, I mind you were nice and quiet during 'England's' anthem at Wembley... :wave:

Booing another country's national anthem, whatever it is, is shameful. I HATE it when others boo ours so I won't boo anyone elses. It's a matter of respect.

Was booing Aiden McGready acceptable?

Anything that unsettels the opposition and makes it a hostile environment is ok by me. I am happy to be friendly with the away fans even england were brand new. One guy called my kilt a skirt and I corrected him and he called it a kilt. Apart from that one incident I thought they were ok.

But when the visting team enter the feild of play, I personally don't see anything wrong with booing a key player or GSTQ. I wouldn't normaly boo a national anthem but it has a verse that refers to slaugtering rebellious scots ( or words to that effect). So I boo it.

At least I am honest and admit it. I can also assure you I am not the only one due to the volumes.

Edited by Robroysboy

I live in England, married to an English girl and have half English kids. I will still boo GSTQ. Its the monarchic nonsense that I hate (god preserve some woman that is at the apex of a system that I find abhorrant), (That and its our closest rivals (and dominant bigger brothers) anthem).

Liechtenstein anthem gets a free ride though. It's not their fault they chose a shide tune.

J

I live in England and my kids are half English I hate gstq for two reasons one it a sgite song but also and this is what grates me (and please don't pelt me for this as this isn't my fault and this isn't the argument here) like it or not we are part of GB and gstq is the BRITISH anthem not the English one so why play it ffs it not your anthem to play it should be reserved for Olympics and other team GB events .... Rant over lol

I live in England and my kids are half English I hate gstq for two reasons one it a sgite song but also and this is what grates me (and please don't pelt me for this as this isn't my fault and this isn't the argument here) like it or not we are part of GB and gstq is the BRITISH anthem not the English one so why play it ffs it not your anthem to play it should be reserved for Olympics and other team GB events .... Rant over lol

Another reason that grates on me.

J

Goodpost. I remember italia 90 when england fans used the union jack. Made my blood boil. Now thankfully they use the st georges cross. Why cant england use land of hope and glory and could even wear the morris dancing outfits as their national dress lol.

Leave GSTQ and the union jack for the olympic team when they are competing as team GB as you have said.

Brilliant idea.

Aye, I mind you were nice and quiet during 'England's' anthem at Wembley... :wave:

I think you'll find I didn't utter a peep during their anthem, young Gareth!

It's all opinions and if someone wants to boo an anthem then I can't stop it. I just don't agree with it.

Booing an opposition player is different. If someone wants to boo our players for whatever reason then fine. Just don't boo the anthem!

I think you'll find I didn't utter a peep during their anthem, young Gareth!

It's all opinions and if someone wants to boo an anthem then I can't stop it. I just don't agree with it.

Booing an opposition player is different. If someone wants to boo our players for whatever reason then fine. Just don't boo the anthem!

Merry christmas Gordon, see you in march ?