You're Favourite Scotland Top? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You're Favourite Scotland Top?

Robroysboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know those 2 blondes at the start of that video? I ended up standing next to them at the Italy game Nov 07. Was in the north stand somewhere and was totally steamin and there was nae way I was gettin to my right seat. Think one of them put their arms round me at the start of the anthems so I just stayed there. Quickly realised that game was no occasion to chat up birds as everyone was that tense that day.!

Anyone know those 2 blondes at the start of that video? I ended up standing next to them at the Italy game Nov 07. Was in the north stand somewhere and was totally steamin and there was nae way I was gettin to my right seat. Think one of them put their arms round me at the start of the anthems so I just stayed there. Quickly realised that game was no occasion to chat up birds as everyone was that tense that day.!

Think their both hertz supporters if it's who I think it is

Some might find them boring but I thought the 2000-2002 home and away kits were great. Nice, smart and simple classic designs. Also liked the pinstripe home kit and yellow away kit that followed on from them.

As for some of the players who wore them however .... <_<

1990 Home, also (not sure why) but I always liked the 2nd Diadora kit (one with white down side of the chest).

Away kits, again 1990 and the Fila White kit (simple but smart)

Is that not the first diadora one??

Had it on yestersay actually.

I really like the current away top :)

2007 home top, gold trim n'all. Love it so much when it started to bobble and fall apart after to much wear I bought it again from eBay. Not our best topever perhaps but my favourite because that was when I started to believe again.

The one from 85 to 88 with the shaded hoops but that's only because I have one of Roy aitkins tops. Love the white diadora away top we had. Great for the summer down here and you get some funny looks from folk when they try and work out what it is

Euro 96 kit cos it was my first one.

I've really liked all 4 Adidas tops so far

Edit forgot about the first ones with the big print in the middle...aye liked them as well

Euro 96 umbro is my favourite home top.

Still got it but could do with swapping a L for an XL.

Nothing comes close to your first strip...

25kufps.jpg

See I was pioneering the use of coloured boots. However the school shirt under top look failed to last the test of time.

nice one

was thinking for guys of a certain age that would be the favourite top ; regardless of the wc 78 performance

certainly my fave - although never owned it as a kid

lot of it also i think taking you back to the time , and when the world cup was truly special - tinny commentary from far away places

all the kids out having a kick about after recreating certain games & moments

82 & 86 were probably last of these before the game got a bit stale (itly 90) and of course some of us grew older

- the world cup of last year though restored my faith in the beautiful game ; brazil v germany quite remarkable

= incidentally shopping for tops back in the day was a bit tougher i mind , more of a mission to get a size etc in musty sport emporiums - the ned infested jd sport tracksuit warehouse next to toys r us etc were light years away

Ffs im losing it. Was first diadora the white on each side or was that fila too?

This was the first diadora one:

_39573631_goal.jpg

My favourite shirt is the last Adidas one (the one with the collar). Just a pity there are no happy memories to go along with it...

nice one

was thinking for guys of a certain age that would be the favourite top ; regardless of the wc 78 performance

certainly my fave - although never owned it as a kid

lot of it also i think taking you back to the time , and when the world cup was truly special - tinny commentary from far away places

all the kids out having a kick about after recreating certain games & moments

82 & 86 were probably last of these before the game got a bit stale (itly 90) and of course some of us grew older

- the world cup of last year though restored my faith in the beautiful game ; brazil v germany quite remarkable

= incidentally shopping for tops back in the day was a bit tougher i mind , more of a mission to get a size etc in musty sport emporiums - the ned infested jd sport tracksuit warehouse next to toys r us etc were light years away

That's a great shout, and something I'd never really thought about - the 'tinny' commentary absolutely enhanced the whole experience of watching those games in the good old days.