Grimmer And Arfield In Next Squad? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Grimmer And Arfield In Next Squad?

wanderer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGhee saying strong chance Jack Grimmer will get his first call up, along with Scott Arfield, for the N. Irleand and Gibraltar games.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/ex-don-jack-grimmer-on-brink-of-scotland-call-up-1.795786?utm_medium=Sendible&utm_source=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

Grimmer I'm surprised at. Seen him play twice in his recent run of games, the first game he was atrocious, I mean utterly atrocious. His team, fulham, got pumped and it was mainly down his side. Second time average. At best. Although fulham fans apparently think he has settled a bit. No issues seeing new young players get a chance to experience being in the squad. Think there are a few players who deserve it more than grimmer though.

Said a few weeks ago Grimmer was going to be under consideration quite soon .....

To those who think Grimmer doesn't deserve a chance or that someone else should get his place, I have just one question:

Name a young defender, who's getting first team football at his club, that deserves a call up ahead of Grimmer ? Not a young midfielder or a striker now, but rather any young uncapped defender who should be in ahead of Grimmer. He's earned the chance to have a look at least. Anyway, he probably won't play. It's good if we soon have a new young right back available. We're short on defenders and we need to have a look at any half-decent new ones as they come along.

From a quick look on the two main Fulham forums, Grimmer seems to have played well at the weekend and the game before that. He's pretty much a regular now for them and their fans are especially impressed with his work rate and tackling.

If it were up to me then Jack, Armstong and Mackay-Steven would be in well ahead of Bannan (I rate him, but he's not getting first football), George Boyd and Chris fecking Burke. And I guess we had to have a look at Arfield sooner or later.

Can't fit everyone in though and someone has to be left out.

Anyway, what's the worst that can happen ? Ryan Jack switching to Ireland if we leave him out :lol: ................... :shocked:

I think against that opposition we may actually see some young boys get a shot

Does goal difference count, or is it on head-to-heads? Also, are the games against the bottom-placed team ie Gibraltar not counted? I'm sure that's happened at least once.

Name a young defender, who's getting first team football at his club, that deserves a call up ahead of Grimmer ? Not a young midfielder or a striker now, but rather any young uncapped defender who should be in ahead of Grimmer. He's earned the chance to have a look at least. Anyway, he probably won't play. It's good if we soon have a new young right back available. We're short on defenders and we need to have a look at any half-decent new ones as they come along.

:

Russell Anderson

Grimmer had had about 3 decent games for a mid-table championship side. Seems a bit early for a call up to me.

Why anyone thinks we should call up Arfield is a mystery to me. I would much rather see Armstrong or jack in the squad.

Would seem reasonable choices, if the 'call-ups' are in the same vein as Gauld, Mcgregor and McLeod ie no chance of a game, just there to experience being in the squad.

McGhee was also quoted as saying Liam Cooper is in with a strong chance of being in the next squad also, so might see more than just a couple of players being dragged along to make up the numbers.

Suspect the next squad will have a very experimental look about it, but with still the main nucleolus of Strachans first team squad.

Grimmer had had about 3 decent games for a mid-table championship side. Seems a bit early for a call up to me.

Why anyone thinks we should call up Arfield is a mystery to me. I would much rather see Armstrong or jack in the squad.

Because Arfield is playing well and scoring/setting up goals at a much higher level???

Because Arfield is playing well and scoring/setting up goals at a much higher level???

He's probably only going to be in the EPL for one season and he's not good enough to be bought by another. From what i've seen he's definitely not international quality.

He's probably only going to be in the EPL for one season and he's not good enough to be bought by another. From what i've seen he's definitely not international quality.

Burnley seem to be plodding along and have hit a bit of "form" that has got them out the relegation zone (just.....) after most folk would have had them sitting bottom on zero points by this stage at the start of the season.

I actually have a feeling that both Arfield and George Boyd will be in the next squad.

I know Anya has pretty much cemented his place on the left, but Greg Stewart at Dundee has been exceptional this season and may be worth a closer look from WGS.

Scored a good goal in the derby right enough (at 1:35), although both goals from GMS were better

I've got nothing against Arfield - he's clearly got a good attitude and work rate, but he's a jack of all trades in a team that is almost certainly going to be relegated.