Grimmer And Arfield In Next Squad? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Grimmer And Arfield In Next Squad?

wanderer

Re Grimmer, I also think it is a bit earl for him but a call up so the manager and coaches can get a closer look at him expose him to the full squad, as well as a reward for him turning out 34 times for Scotland from under 15s to under 21s seems like a good reason. He has been through the system and been groomed for international football. That may be why he is ahead of other players.

Also don't forget he has been on loan at Port Vale and Shrewsbury in the last 12 months and got game time and experience then.

The Manager will have a system and a way he wants his team to play so he will call up the players he sees as fitting that system. There is always a reason for someone being left out or included in a squad. We don't see them train and have no idea what their attitudes are towards effort etc. IN GORD WE MUST TRUST!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimmer's ahead of Liam Palmer?

Grimmer's played what? 11 games for Fulham?

Where as Palmer's played over 100 for Sheffield Wednesday, including 30 this season in what I believe is the 2nd tightest defense in the Championship.

Palmer still has some things to learn (as I'm sure Grimmer does) but if we're looking at right backs who might step forward given that Hutton, Bardsley and Whittaker are all pushing/passed 30 then I'd have thought Palmer was more prominently placed.

The Liam Palmer thing seems odd, he is due a call up I would have thought.