Our Next 4 Qualifiers. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Next 4 Qualifiers.

ScotlandFanMuir

Going through Scotland’s fixtures. The next 4 are crucial for the 3 teams chasing second – presuming Germany get the finger out and take 1st.

We are 3 points behind Poland, level with Ireland as it stands.

Scotland next 4:-

Gibralter (h)

Ireland (a)

Georgia (a)

Germany (h)

Poland next 4:-

Ireland (a)
Georgia (h)
Germany (a)
Gibralter (h)

Ireland next 4:-

Poland (h)

Scotland (h)

Gibralter (a)

Georgia (h)

Obviously the aim is to be ahead of these teams but what I’d personally take right now is to be in this exact same position in 4 games time.

3 points behind Poland and level with Ireland – with 2 games to go.

Our last 2 games are at home to Poland then away to Gibralter. A win against Poland would put us in control due to the head to head record.

Imagine the atmosphere!

Long way to go boys.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do worry about Ireland away, wouldn't call it a must win but for me it's definitely a must not lose! Would love a point off germany but surely they are gonna get the finger out so I would be wary of that! Fancy us away to Georgia, see them as a similar side to Macedonia, perhaps a bit worse so 3 points a must there. Gibraltar, if we don't beat them we don't deserve a place at the euros, although I don't see them being to much of a worry.

I really do worry about Ireland away, wouldn't call it a must win but for me it's definitely a must not lose! Would love a point off germany but surely they are gonna get the finger out so I would be wary of that! Fancy us away to Georgia, see them as a similar side to Macedonia, perhaps a bit worse so 3 points a must there. Gibraltar, if we don't beat them we don't deserve a place at the euros, although I don't see them being to much of a worry.

Agreed - stopping Ireland getting 3 points is key, same as we did to Poland.

Win the home games, and stop our direct rivals doing the same to us, and we're virtually there.

I just think it's a decent position we're in.

If we achieve the same amount of points as Poland and Ireland in the next 4 games - it'll be in our hands with 2 games to play. (Poland at home, Gib away)

The first of the 4 sees us play Gibralter at home while Ireland and Poland go head to head, hopefully that gives us a little head start.

Confident.

My big fear is Poland will walk away with this group now, as they have a "easier" home stretch than we do, and actually feel it will come between us and Germany for 2nd place.

My gut feeling is we will draw against Ireland and Poland, with Poland doing us the favor by finishing off the Irish home and away.... Germany will be a bonus if we get anything.

I still suspect Georgia will spring a surprise before the group is finished (and could very well be v us :o ).

Just got this feeling that not winning Poland will be very costly, and a lot hinges on the game in Dublin.

According to my spreadsheet we'll tie with Germany on 23 points and finish 2nd on head to head.

So aye beat Germany and the group is ours. Easy peasy.

Dont lose in Dublin...Beat Poland and Georgia and I think we're pretty much guaranteed third. Well thats on the basis that Ireland dont beat Germany or Poland.

According to my spreadsheet we'll tie with Germany on 23 points and finish 2nd on head to head.

Dont lose in Dublin...Beat Poland and Georgia and I think we're pretty much guaranteed third. Well thats on the basis that Ireland dont beat Germany or Poland.

Surely we can do better than third if we do all that!? With also the Gibraltar 6 points thrown in.....

On mine I had Germany on 25, poland and us 20, Ireland 15.

I had germany winning rest of their games (not a given i know)

poland drawing in ireland losing in germany and scotland and winning rest

Us drawing in ireland losing at home to germany and winning rest

ireland drawing at home to scotland and poland. losing at home to germany. and winning rest.

See these outcomes as pretty feasible and as our record against poland would be better I think it's us who go through.

I may get a bit of stick for this but think we've rode our luck a little and wouldn't be surprised if we lose away to Ireland or the home Poland game. Hope I'm wrong but still think Strachan is working in the main with an average squad. Granted overall I think we're better than Ireland but Poland are better than us IMO, not that it means we can't finish above them.

That would depend on the score in our game against Germany. If we win 1-0 the we beat them on head to head. If we win 3-2 then they beat us on head to head.

That would depend on the score in our game against Germany. If we win 1-0 the we beat them on head to head. If we win 3-2 then they beat us on head to head.

aye, i can see us scoring 3 v the world champs..... when was the last time we scored three?