Our Next 4 Qualifiers. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Next 4 Qualifiers.

ScotlandFanMuir

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may get a bit of stick for this but think we've rode our luck a little and wouldn't be surprised if we lose away to Ireland or the home Poland game. Hope I'm wrong but still think Strachan is working in the main with an average squad. Granted overall I think we're better than Ireland but Poland are better than us IMO, not that it means we can't finish above them.

Dont agree with you about poland.yes theyre good going forward but their defenceare a shambles.

Hopefully Poland won't win in Ireland and we do. It would look pretty good for us if those two results went our way.

I think the best result for us is a poland win in ireland. Poland a good side just now and cant see them and germany being any lower than top two. We have 2 tough away games coming up, but a win for poland against them, makes a draw a no bad result for us in dublin.

3 points in georgia and a boyant hampden crowd spurring the team onto a win against either poland or germany (stranger things have happened) and we can be clear 3rd place. Beat who-ever uefa try and rig the playoffs with and its viva france :ok:

Edited by daddybuc16

Best result for us is an Ireland and Poland draw. Decent result for Poland but heaps pressure on Ireland when they play us.

I'm also of the belief that we need to look after our own results. We need to beat Gibraltar (twice) Poland and Georgia, get at least a point in Dublin. Anything from Germany is a bonus. If we can't do that then we don't really deserve to qualify.

Scotland next 4:-

Gibralter (h) 3 points

Ireland (a) 1 point

Georgia (a) 3 points

Germany (h 1 point

If we come out of these games with those results i will be over the moon, then beat Poland at home and Gibraltar away in last 2 and we will be going to France. Alot of work to do but more than capable of it.

5/4 for us to Qualify

11/8 for Ireland

Bookies never lie. The maloney goal at celtic park is Huge.

Head to head we will go above ireland if level on points if we get at least a draw in dublin.

A playoff in november would not concern me as the top teams will gave already qualified but PRIVATELY strachan must be looking at 2nd.

Tbh folks ...... you can spend all day doing permutations and combinations on what is needed to Qualify

Provided ye beat Georgia away (purely because us and Poland have done so) and beat Gibraltar twice (which ye will easily) ....then ye will more than likely get 2nd spot.

Its all about winning yere home games....if ye do that then ye will have one foot in France

Same applies to us

Although Poland dropped points to ye at home...that fact that they beat Germany at home makes up for that ....... if my bunch want second then we must beat Poland in Dublin in March

Its a great group really - real excitment ahead !

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Provided ye beat Georgia away (purely because us and Poland have done so) and beat Gibraltar twice (which ye will easily) ....then ye will more than likely get 2nd spot.

As well as winning all yere home games bar the Germany one i shud add.....but ye seem like a "somewhat intelligent bunch" so im sure ye figured that out :wink2:

Tbh folks ...... you can spend all day doing permutations and combinations on what is needed to Qualify

Its all about winning yere home games....if ye do that then ye will have one foot in France

Same applies to us

Although Poland dropped points to ye at home...that fact that they beat Germany at home makes up for that ....... if my bunch want second then we must beat Poland in Dublin in March

Its a great group really - real excitment ahead !

Apologies if there's a wee tad of arrogance from the TA, GTR !

Being a nation that's been starved of success for a good while now and having to put up with a couple of bloody awful managers, a few lazy arsed players, a number of mind boggling refereeing decisions, the occasionally totally shameless cheating opposition and a national football media that revels in failure - it's a bit of a weird situation we're in with the national team doing reasonably well at present. It's been a wee while since we were last used to it !

It would be really interesting to know how you think Ireland will line up and play against Poland. What are Ireland's strengths and weaknesses at present ?

The new players introduced to the team, Christie and McGoldrick, seem like two decent additions for you. I thought your big central defender Keogh, played well against us too, if he were Scottish I'd have him on our team in a second.