Sru Offer Murrayfield To Sfa - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sru Offer Murrayfield To Sfa

wanderer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this clown is a bit confused

"I do think the issue in Scotland is that we have got too many big stadiums and not enough small ones."

i think the problem is we dont have ANY medium sized venues at around 30-40k.

Would love Murrayfield for big games, actually pretty much loath hampden for its location, transport links and its surrounding area as well as its structure.

the problem is we dont have anywhere that can cope with games that will be 30-40k in attendance and not be about half empty

Edited by LewisEDI

Considering almost no one in Scotland plays or more importantly watches Rugby versus the popular interest in football why is it again that we have a gleaming almost new rugby stadium in the arse end of nowhere that is unsurprisingly underutilized (they are saying it themselves) while we also have a creaking national football stadium that has been an old banger for decades with more facelifts than Micheal Jackson (chamone).

edit; reading between the lines the SRU sound desperate, so let's starve the No voting khunts of money, send them to the bottom and pick up Murrayfield on the cheap when they go into liquidation. Then move it brick by brick to Glasgow.

Edited by thplinth

murrayfield was redeveloped 20 years ago, its hardly new.

Yeah it is. It is like a little old lady's car. It is 20 years old but having been only used once a quarter it only has about 3 real years of use on the clock. Bargain.

edit: Hampden by contrast is an ex (pish soaked) taxi that has been clocked more times than big ben.

Edited by thplinth

Yeah it is. It is like a little old lady's car. It is 20 years old but having been only used once a quarter it only has about 3 real years of use on the clock. Bargain.

edit: Hampden by contrast is an ex (pish soaked) taxi that has been clocked more times than big ben.

it probably is used for about 7 internationals a year including friendlies i guess and hosts edinburgh club rugby games as well as gigs, cant be much less than hampden, if u were to look at year round figures for attendances there cant be much in it over the last 10 years i would guess.

Edited by LewisEDI

I would say murrayfield's probably used more per year than Hampden at the moment, with all the gigs, edinburgh/ scotland games and other visitors from time to time (celtic/ hearts, super league). It's a far better stadium than Hampden. SRU should put a cheeky bid in for ibrox! Would love to see Murrayfield packed for a non-friendly scotland football match, just to hear what it was like and generally try it out.

I like the old lady's car analogy!

Nothing wrong with the area round hampden :angry: I live there. And there are umpteen buses and a train link to hampden, what else can we use for transport, it is the local government that don't organise extra services, which is a disgrace. Glasgow is the home of football and that's where we should stay.

Nothing wrong with the area round hampden :angry: I live there. And there are umpteen buses and a train link to hampden, what else can we use for transport, it is the local government that don't organise extra services, which is a disgrace. Glasgow is the home of football and that's where we should stay.

:ok:

It's a short distance from the M74, there are six railway stations within a 10 / 15 walk and umpteen pubs / cafés / restaurants in Shawlands, Vicky Road, Strathbungo and Aikenhead Road - I always struggle to see what folk are complaining about - the fact that I can walk home does not of course in any way influence my take on Hampden.

Edited by Charlie Endell

For me it would feel strange moving our football home to somewhere other than Glasgow. That said murryfield certainly looks a better stadium. Not been since ITE redevelopment so can only go by how it looks on TV. If the SFA and SRU had any sense between they would build a stadium in partnership that could be viewed as a centre for sport. Not sure where would be best to build it but it would have to have decent train stations nearby to hopefully reduce the mnt Florida scrum at the end of games.