Scotland Players In Action - Page 66 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

I think he falls into a category of players that remind Strachan of himself somewhat, and if they can find themselves getting into a position of playing regularly at club level, they will find themselves in his plans..... as I said elsewhere, I think Strachan is somewhat of a bit of a old romantic.... and he especially likes nippy wee wingers who put themselves about on the pitch (guys like Bannan, Anya, Burke etc....... ) who remind him of himself when he was playing, and I would not be surprised if Boyd finds his way into the next squad.

I kind of get what you're saying but neither Strachan or Bannan were/are nippy or wingers.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he falls into a category of players that remind Strachan of himself somewhat, and if they can find themselves getting into a position of playing regularly at club level, they will find themselves in his plans..... as I said elsewhere, I think Strachan is somewhat of a bit of a old romantic.... and he especially likes nippy wee wingers who put themselves about on the pitch (guys like Bannan, Anya, Burke etc....... ) who remind him of himself when he was playing, and I would not be surprised if Boyd finds his way into the next squad.

I kind of get what you're saying but neither Strachan or Bannan were/are nippy or wingers.

Did you watch it Ormond, did maloney look sharp ? Obviously didn't score. What position did Sean play?

Guy who runs a football blog I follow is a Chicago season ticket holder. Waiting to hear what he has to say about Maloney, but he posted on facebook this morning that Chicago were terrible against LA.

Guy who runs a football blog I follow is a Chicago season ticket holder. Waiting to hear what he has to say about Maloney, but he posted on facebook this morning that Chicago were terrible against LA.

LA were the MLS winners last year. Fire are not one of the better teams. Kind of like Celtic and maybe St. Mirren. Edited by Ormond

according to whoscored Chicago were completely out-played.

Maloney apparently played behind two strikers in a 4-1-2-1-2 but, although he saw a fair amount of the ball, he never created anything.

thanks for update. Concerned about the quality of team he is palying for. But as long as he stays match fit and gets a regular game in the run up to dublin.

I would say so. However, absolutely and completely unproven at international level hence why the likes of Naismith and Fletcher will start ahead of him.

Anything he has faced in the championship will be far better than gib, so it will be a significant step down for him. I agree that those two will start though.

I would say so. However, absolutely and completely unproven at international level hence why the likes of Naismith and Fletcher will start ahead of him.

No arguments about that but Watt needs to be ahead of May and probably Griffiths, Rhodes and Russell. There is only one way to prove yourself at international level...

Edited by PASTA Mick

No arguments about that but Watt needs to be ahead of May and probably Griffiths, Rhodes and Russell. There is only one way to prove yourself at international level...

Yes I know what you are saying. I would have no gripes in him getting a game V Northern Ireland and if he impresses have him on subs bench V Gibraltar.