Big Scrap - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Big Scrap

wembley67lisbon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use to wear a pair of jeans, first time wore a kilt was Paris Mcfadden and every since wore it not to every game, if its a friendly or freezing jeans then

Prefer the Kilt though but each to their own

Fook all wrong with kilts - doesn't matter what people wear. Personally I find the kilt look is more popular with the people of the country we are visiting and they feel more comfortable approaching us for a chat. Good to interact with the locals.

Fook all wrong with kilts - doesn't matter what people wear. Personally I find the kilt look is more popular with the people of the country we are visiting and they feel more comfortable approaching us for a chat. Good to interact with the locals.

Yeah, its definitely a good ice breaker. Always jeans at home though because a lot of Scots are weirdly ill at ease with kilts and don't like to see them in the streets.

Yeah, its definitely a good ice breaker. Always jeans at home though because a lot of Scots are weirdly ill at ease with kilts and don't like to see them in the streets.

I've never noticed anyone being ill at ease with a kilt in Scotland. What streets have you been frequenting? ;)

Scotland does appear to be the only country where certain pubs won't let you in with a kilt on which is ridiculous.

I wear my kilt to as many games as I possibly can. Can't beat waking up the morning of a game and firing on a kilt, it kind of sets you up for the day imo

The main point here is if everyone's behaviour is commendable not their fashion sense.

It doesnt matter what you wear to the game as we are all their supporting the same cause and that is scotland.I used to wear tartan boxers to the odd away game as shorts and had the the open bit at the front sewn up :-)) I now wear a kilt unless its a piss poor friendly where its jeans.Does it matter WE ARE ALL SCOTLAND :ok:

I've never noticed anyone being ill at ease with a kilt in Scotland. What streets have you been frequenting?

It certainly used to be an unusual sight. About the only time you'd see a kilt in Glasgow was when Andy Stewart was on STV...

Jeans have no place at a Scotland game?

Maybe we don't all want to dress like something off a shortbread tin. I wear a tartan scarf to games, home and away. I don't need some sad act like you to tell me what's allowed to be worn at a game.

Plenty of complete James Hunts in full Highland regalia at every game.

Spot on mate personally never wear a kilt..............

No reason why not!!!

Just want to do my own thing at the football............

And wearing designer gear and shouting does not make you some sort of a low grade thug in my opinion.

Obviously reading posts if you are inciting trouble then yes disagree but in general casual wear is fine by me at Scotland games and SHOULD not be frowned on.