Sorry - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sorry

ScotlandFanMuir

The (more realistic) Dream and The Nightmare.

In an attempt to satisfy my own crazy thoughts of 'what if', I thought I'd post some on here to hopefully bring you guys down with me too.

2 scenarios. 1 - Georgia/Germany we pick up 4 points, the other - we pick up 0 points. Those tables would then look like the below with other results going as we expect:-

Poland 17

Germany 17

Scotland 15

Ireland 15

Georgia 3

Gibraltar 0

Germany 19

Poland 17

Ireland 15

Scotland 11

Georgia 6

Gibraltar 0

It'd be fair to say that getting 3 points in Georgia is utterly massive. Achieving that would give us a table topping clash with the Germans if the beat the Poles.

What a group.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. It's one of our biggest games in recent times in terms of getting the 3 points.

I think this entire campaign every game (except Germany away) is a must win something game. (it's not Craig Levein era - when draws at home to rivals and draws away to minnows were acceptable)

I basically realised this a couple weeks ago.

Was listening to the sport sound pod cast, interview with Maloney on it and he was basically saying that he totally realises the situation that we're now in and that the pressure is "snowballing" to use his phrase, match to match. I have therefore been thinking will this pressure now get to some of the players if we start passing up gilt edged chances in Tbilisi?ie start snatching at finishes etc.its got nightmare potential all over it.

I will only start dreaming if we win in Georgia.

Edited by JECK

Typical Scotland fashion, we will get 1 point from Georgia and get beat from Germany, then win against Poland and win against Gibraltar

No typical Scotland would be lose or draw to Georgia lose to Germany beat Poland then need a win against gib to finish second and with 89 mins on clock b 1-0 down then a last gasp equaliser to just finish 3rd that the Scotland we know and love.........

Obviously only joking but we must win. In Gibraltar

Simple lose to Georgia we are ####ed imo!!

Even if we lose to Georgia we would still have a reasonable chance of 3rd place. It wouldn't be total doom and gloom, although it would be a big boost to the Irish, as us losing in Georgia is their best chance of really getting back into it again.

Even if we lose to Georgia we would still have a reasonable chance of 3rd place. It wouldn't be total doom and gloom, although it would be a big boost to the Irish, as us losing in Georgia is their best chance of really getting back into it again.

Yeah get your point, i was meaning top 2 as not wanting a play off

Just noticed that our game kicks off at 5pm while Germany v Poland is at 1945. Not sure if that's an advantage or not for anyone?!

Its a long, possibly very stressful day in the pub.

Don't think it is, we at the business end. All 3 teams will be thinking concentrate on our own results and we'll get there so everyone will be out for the win

Well if every manager was given the option i think they would take the later kick off

Agree on your business end point - but its still nice to know what you have to do - may affect game tempo and tactical on field changes and substitutions

Anyway - if ye were to draw with Georgia - i still think we will have to beat Germany in Dublin or Poland in warsaw :yikes3:

Which i cant see us doing based on our current form

Of all the teams i have seen so far in the Group - ive been most impressed with Scotland - forget about who has the better players - teamwise i think scotland are the most bonded and organised and ill be shocked if ye dont make it to france

What this space i guess!

Just noticed that our game kicks off at 5pm while Germany v Poland is at 1945. Not sure if that's an advantage or not for anyone?!

The advantage is that we will get to watch both games. :)

The disadvantage is that, if we drop points to Georgia then Poland and Germany might be more likely to settle for a draw, if they were that way inclined. However, I think it is better for Scotland that we don't know the result of the other game first, then we can just concentrate on getting the win.

I think this entire campaign every game (except Germany away) is a must win something game. (it's not Craig Levein era - when draws at home to rivals and draws away to minnows were acceptable)

I just get the feeling that this game in Georgia is something more. In Ireland, we were happy to take a point - the same as in Poland.

I suspect at home to Germany we'll feel the same. Looking at the table and the other fixtures around us, this is 100% a must win to keep a realistic chance of making France 2016. Bricking it already.

I just get the feeling that this game in Georgia is something more. In Ireland, we were happy to take a point - the same as in Poland.

I suspect at home to Germany we'll feel the same. Looking at the table and the other fixtures around us, this is 100% a must win to keep a realistic chance of making France 2016. Bricking it already.

Unless we win our last three games (highly unlikely) then we MUST beat Georgia to keep automatic qualification in our own hands.

We could still get second place if we draw with Georgia but we'd need to beat Poland and Gibraltar, take at least a point off Germany and hope that other results go our way.

If we beat Georgia then it looks likely that beating Poland at Hampden will be enough for second place regardless of what happens in our game against ze Germans.

Georgia will be a difficult place to go but as long as we play well I think we will beat them. Everyone else has.